Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:35 pm   

Cmud doesnt open the main client window

Well, funny thing, i had 3 windows in my session and it now opens one of the channel windows and doesnt show me my main session window ? I have looked everywhere, including the window menu and can only see 1 active channel window, i tried pressing ctrl+n but it does nothing.. Evil or Very Mad
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:59 pm   

Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:01 pm   

You can see all my setting are in the crapmud window and it used to be my main session window but now cmud changed my main window to tell window which doesnt contain anything, so it doesnt log into the mud or do anything and i cant switch between windows and i cant delete my tell window?
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:17 pm   

Also, how come every time i export my settings as xml and then load it to a default/blank session and save it as a package it's kb worth is less than my previous .pkg file that i exported that xml from was ?

My previous .pkg was 450kb, after i exported/imported xml and saved the new .pkg its now 350kb Shocked
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:43 pm   

1)The Crapmud window is still there. Probably due to a corrupted layout, it was made hidden but probably still has the Use Main Session Network Connection and Commandline/Statusbar options set.

2)the reason you cannot delete Tells is because it's the only window open. CMud doesn't let you delete the last window open.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:58 pm   

Ok i have tried to uninstall everything, saved then deleted all my settings and files again and did a clean install and tried to load from my recent .pkg file instead of the .xml file and here's what i got :

Even though the .pkg file takes up 450kb file space, it seems to be empty inside when i open it ??

So now i have an xml file that opens tell window instead of my main session window and i have a .pkg file that's seemingly empty inside ?? Whats going on ?
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:38 pm   

Btw, i have not done anything at all to provoke this! I saved my settings and thought i'd do a reboot to clear my memory as cmud has been running all night without any hickups so i closed and booted it back up and had my tell window come up instead of my usual main session window..and now i have a new cmud without anything working at all and my .pkg file seems to have been completely wiped out even though it takes up space ?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:04 pm   

Select the Crapmud window. Click the Options tab at the bottom of the Editor window. Make sure the Window Is Visible checkbox is marked. If it isn't, mark it, set up your layout, and save your layout.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:08 pm   

Oh, shoot, I'm too late. Sorry.

When you recreated your new session, did you specify where your package was? Check your session configuration to see where it thinks your session package is.
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 pm   

You are right, my crapmud window was indeed not ticked for visible, but when i tick it for visible, then set my layout and save layout and close/run cmud and open my session the same thing happens again and my crapmud window is again invisible while tells window comes up as main window..

And yep, i did set my folder correctly etc, but it just seems that my 450kb .pkg file is just empty space to cmud for some reason...
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:28 pm   

Ok i seem to have accepted my loss of .pkg file and managed to get all my triggers up and running again using that corrupted .xml, however i have run into another problem.

While my classes are being expanded in the Slothmud session, my classes are not being further expanded into a list of triggers like the used to! I tried selecting every button in View/Show menus but nothing seems to help with it.

Arminas
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:18 am   

Anrok wrote:
Also, how come every time i export my settings as xml and then load it to a default/blank session and save it as a package it's kb worth is less than my previous .pkg file that i exported that xml from was ?

My previous .pkg was 450kb, after i exported/imported xml and saved the new .pkg its now 350kb Shocked

Your previous .pkg file is a database file that still contains settings that have been deleted, and or corrupted information that doesn't get interpreted correctly when it is loaded.
When you export your settings to an xml file only the readable stuff that hasn't been deleted is exported. Thus it is sometimes MUCH smaller than the original package file.

As for things still not showing up in the package editor after importing you xml backup a few things could be going on.

1. You may not have used export all, and or not have selected all of your settings and simply checked export.
2. You may have one of the filter buttons checked on the left hand side of the settings editor.
3. You may have a search filter enabled, yeah I know this one is unlikely.
Alsith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:26 am   

If it was loading the .pkg file but not showing the window you could go to settings, select the pkg file if it was loaded, go to advanced and select "make visible"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: