Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Amagadon

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:49 am   

CMUD Hanging when opening/changing characters

Not sure where to go with this and this forum seems active.

I'm using the most recent release of CMUD with a paid license and haven't had an issue over the past three or so years (occasionally corruption, but that's life). At some point in the past two weeks my CMUD started hanging whenever I open the program or log out of one character to move to another profile. It is takes 20-30 seconds to open CMUD and pull up the world list which is then laggy as you click around/use arrow keys - when I quit one connection and go to pull up another it quits instantly and pulls up the menu to reconnect/another profile/quit and when I pick to go to another profile it again takes 15-20 second to open the connection list again. Lastly, I am also experiencing lag when it comes to opening the triggers/aliases menu where is can take 5-10 seconds to open the triggers menu and after that it is fine. I am only playing one connection at a time, no multiplay.

There is no lag on login to the MUD, nothing wrong with triggers/alias's/macro's while I am playing the game (they all work fine with no lag) and nothing wrong with my input from the command line to the MUD, everything executes immediately as it should even if I spam commands that create a large amount of text output on my screen.

I've installed firmware updates for the SSD that CMUD is installed on, virus scan, updated my startup list, checked for hanging processes in task manager and I have no problems with any other programs or databases. i7-6700k, 16gb 3000mhz RAM on a Crucial SSD - there are no processing or loading bottlenecks.

I'm kind of not sure what to do outside of uninstalling/reinstalling CMUD on another drive or hacking up my existing packages so there are no communal packages. Any insight before I get to that point would be really appreciated.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 5:34 am   

Communal packages should be the issue...
I m stumped as to a cause for these issues off hand.

But you say it loads up fine if you quit out completely.
I would just take that extra step if it prevents issues.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:29 am   

[quote="shalimar"]Communal packages should be the issue...
I m stumped as to a cause for these issues off hand.

But you say it loads up fine if you quit out completely.
I would just take that extra step if it prevents issues.[/quote]

It loads and works just fine, just suddenly really slow while doing these few things. I only have maybe 100 triggers spread out over 6-7 classes, 40-50 alias's and four macros. No automapping, no maps, minimal variables. Is it possibly corrupt vs too bulky?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 8:18 am   

That seems the logical assumption to make... try exporting to XML and recreating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: