Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Tanuki
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 pm   

Lost Main Window

I was doing something (I forget exactly what) and I think I closed my main window in CMUD. The window where all the Text from the your MUD Shows and you type on the bottom. I close CMUD and relaunch but it still doesn't show up. Does not show up under the ToolBar >> Windows. I still have my mapper window and the status window etc. and if I shrink them the main window is not behind them.

Does anyone know how I reset my windows or get my main window back?

Thank you,
Tanuki
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:01 pm   

1)open up Package Editor
2)navigate to the window object that is your main window
3)click on the Advanced tab
4)make sure there's a checkmark next to the Window is Visible option

Note that if there was no checkmark there, putting one there should make the window appear and the window will usually be placed in the default docking position across the top. If the window doesn't appear, check the Windows menu to see if it was opened and can get it that way. If even that fails, close the session and reopen it in offline mode while holding the shift key down. If even this doesn't work, send all your packages and other datafiles through the uncorruption processes appropriate for that file (there's a sticky in this forum for what to do for each type of file.)

If you got to this point and it still hasn't come back, it's probably best to delete everything and start over.
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:07 pm   

That worked! Thank you very much.

For folks reading this down the road.... The advanced Tab is at the bottom of the Object Window.

Tanuki
szodrin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:56 pm   

Hey, I know this is an old thread necro, but I wanted to give my thanks for this post, as it helped me solve the same problem. I even reset my password and revived my forum account after years just to share my thanks so... thank you!
Alsith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:26 am   

Similar. Necro for purposes of THANKYOU.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: