Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zygote

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 4:39 pm   

Stop Direction in Map

How do I prevent from going in a room. For example, if I go east I fall off a cliff and I want to prevent that. Thanks.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:42 am   

I must be missing something, but my answer would be don't press the key to jump off a cliff. Other than that you can use an #ONINPUT trigger to prevent something from being sent.
Code:
#ONINPUT {^%t$} {#IF (something to detect a direction you don't want to go) {#GAG}}

Scarn
Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:57 pm   

It all depends on whether the room you don't want to go into is on your map or not, if it is, you can just set it to "No Entry" in the room properties.

If it's not a named room then you can set the EXIT of the room you usually walk to the cliff room from as something else, for example set the mapper room exit as "#SHOW {Don't step there!!!}".

If you don't use a mapper at all then let me know as I have a few other solutions.
pawnmower
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:03 am   

you could have the room create a trigger that says DONT GO EAST!!!!! in blinking red

also, within the mapper if you click the room, and then click properties you can check the box that says ''do not enter'
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: