Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mabort
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:58 pm   

Support for COM events

Working on a sort-of plugin for CMUD. Basically a COM object that creates it own window and does parsing and stuff. However, shy of doing a polling implementation for commands to do in CMUD and/or send to the MUD, is there a way to hookup a custom CMUD event/function to a COM event?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:08 am   

You can define your own #EVENT for CMUD to do something when it gets #RAISE-d.
Its just a matter of detection.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:26 am   

I have not seen anything in the interfaces that makes a plugin aware of events. I believe that plugins never received much attention nor support during the zMud days. As a result, Zugg did not expand any support in CMud. This document https://www.zuggsoft.com/zmud/complug.htm seems most comprehensive on the subject.
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:40 am   

It sounds like you've got a COM exe, not just a DLL with blocking calls.

CMud does have its own COM API, so you could run it from the other end... get a handle and force a command or alias to run.

I've more commonly set up a timer that fires frequently to poll the DLL as to progress.
mabort
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:51 pm   

I've built a COM dll (C# class library that is COM visible). Right now I'm using %comcreate("plugin") to create an instance of the object in proc and calling methods/properties on it. Since the CMUD COM objects aren't documented and I don't have a typelib I don't know how to use them properly. Do you have any pointers Tarn?
mabort
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:22 pm   

Actually I think I've figured it out - can use %comcreate("cMUD.Application") to get a reference to the current instance of CMUD (this must be done within CMUD otherwise you just create a new instance of CMUD). Then I reference cmud.exe in the C# project and it creates an interop library from all of the COM type info embedded in the executable. I can then pass the CMUD COM object as a parameter to the plugin init method and voila - I have access to cMUD.Application.

After that is RE to figure out how to call the methods appropriately.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:59 pm   

The COM objects have not changed since zMud with some minor exceptions. The documentation is here http://www.zuggsoft.com/page.php?file=zmud/comserve.htm

The exceptions are that portions of zMapper got rolled into the CMud, I think only in the pro version. zMapper's COM interface is documented in its help file.

From within CMud you can get at the COM objects using the Predefined Variables %cmud, %session, and %map.
mabort
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:07 pm   

Thanks Vijilante!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: