Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
marblevolcanoduel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:29 pm   

Automapper just won't map

I've been trying to get the automapper to work with the mud I play, but it's giving me a very frustrating problem. I reconfigured it and everything worked, I think. Sometimes my mud sends lines with a > in front, so it was spotty on getting the room name sometimes, but it created the room on the map with all the right exits and everything.

The problem is, when I move, it doesn't make a new room. It doesn't do anything, it just says my location is in the same spot. I have edit turned on. When I configure it again, and it moves to another room to check descriptions, it maps THAT movement and creates a new room. But when I move around, nothing. I'm not really sure what else to tell you guys.

I'm pretty new to all of this stuff, so please take it easy on me. Any advice helps.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:18 pm   

The best thing to do is to post a log of you moving around for about 5 rooms. I think the mapper configuration is a plain text file, if it is then post the contents of that too. It would the .cfg file.

When you do the reconfigure the mapper uses the existing configuration as a hint. Sometimes it is helpful to rename that .cfg so the mapper starts fresh for the first configure. Before we do anything like that let's take a look at what is going on and what you might need. Be prepared for it to take back and forth for a few days.
marblevolcanoduel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 8:29 pm   

Nevermind, I just restarted cmud and it's working fine now. Not sure what the deal was. If I have any problems (and I'm sure I will) I'll post in the future.

Thanks for your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: