Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Bradley21
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:40 am   

Overlapping text

Greetings!

So, I have become really decent at using the search button to find answers and have been teaching myself some items...but I don't even know how to search for an answer for this one as I'm not sure what to search for. Am hoping someone can help me out.

Program: CMudPro 3.34
System: Windows 7

Problem: When another player types something, it mixes up into the text currently on my active interface.

IE: (Bold is my stuff)
You emote: Garrin's eyes glint golden as he tilts his head slightly, frowning as he
> stens to the sound from outside, not looking very comfortable or happy to hear it

Anatole immediately looks alarmed, slanting a glance at you, "...and when have yout
heard that cry?" She's already on her feet. recognize the energy."en a sound can be
eard curling from the air outside the Inn, a sound that is part apex predator that

[Inn of Zea, Hallway]twice about not running the other way, and part mental as the
The hallway is carpeted with a thick, woven rug colored a deep azure and edged with
an intricate off-white design that almost mimics the waves crashing in the harbor
just outside the windows. Wooden wainscotting decorates the lower half of the
walls and the upper half is painted pale yellow, the same design mirrored on the
railing of the balcony overlooking the lobby below. Three doors lead into guest
rooms, all in various colors to make assigning them eaiser for the staff, while
stairs recede back towards the lobby.
Also here: Anatole .
Obvious exit: down

Only happens in the window that is currently active. I can't find an option or setting to let me try to fix any spacing options... Any advice is very welcome! I hope I explained this well enough.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:18 pm   

At a guess... i would say that there are different fonts styles at play.
That is the only time I have run across similar issues.
CMUD seems to really dislike multiple styles all on the same line.

Were you playing around with fonts and styles in preferences?
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:32 pm   

I actually haven't tried to change any of those. I'll take a look and see if there is anything in there that will help.
Bradley21
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:33 am   

Update: Okay, after experimenting, I found that if I hit an extra return after typing in something, the blended text thing doesn't happen. The window gives me an > and moves things to the next line. But if I forget to do the extra return, it's pretty much a guarantee that the other person's response is going to get posted smack into the middle of whatever I typed in last. Is there a spacing option somewhere where I can get the command line to do the extra return on its own?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:14 am   

Thats not an issue I have heard others reporting.
You might have corrupted settings somehow.
Would you mind reinstalling and see if that fixes the issue?
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:50 am   

I will give that a try and test it out tomorrow while I'm listening to them work on my roof, that should make for a good distraction. Will let you know how it goes!
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:00 am   

The only other option I can think of might be third party software.
Certain programs have been known to interfere, though few and far between.
I think 'Window Panes' was one of them.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:49 pm   

I re-installed! Much less painful then I thought it would be.

Also did some more experimenting. And it was only happening when I used Emote to do something with a character. When speaking is done on either side, there are no spacing problems, but emote isn't ending itself...going to take a look at it and stare blankly at it for a while, then when one of my head devs wakes up, ask him to look it over.

Thanks much for the advice!
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:41 pm   

You might want to take a look at the script debugger to see what is going on when it happens.
Under 'Windows' on the menu bar.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:02 pm   

Not sure how to read this...but does this help?

73.411 |
0.0019 | c Devlyn | [1] Devlyn Comline : start :
0.0020 | a Devlyn |> emote says something really good like this and this and this and then acts like this and this and this and does some of this and this and this.
0.0068 | j Devlyn >emote says something really good like this and this and this and then acts like this and this and this and does some of this and this and this.
0.0075 | d Devlyn | [1] Devlyn Comline : stopped
0.0255 | a Devlyn |Devlyn says something really good like this and this and this and then acts
0.0009 | a Devlyn |like this and this and this and does some of this and this and this.
0.0024 | a Devlyn ]> emote says something really good like this and this and this and then acts > ke this and this and this and does some of this and this and this.
2.8526 | ---
0.0009 | c Devlyn | [1] Devlyn Comline : start :
0.0022 | a Devlyn |> emote says something really good like this and this and this and then acts > say yep and this and this and does some of this and this and this.
0.0065 | j Devlyn >say yep
0.0019 | d Devlyn | [1] Devlyn Comline : stopped
0.0246 | a Devlyn |You say in Greek, "Yep."ally good like this and this and this and then acts
0.0020 | a Devlyn ]>
Bradley21
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:04 am   

I've been trying to think of an answer to this that wouldn't have me crawling through code and getting a headache...what about a trigger that activates when I hit return to post something, and just adds another return to the window?. I'm in the middle of watching youtube videos at the moment on how to make triggers and haven't come across something like this yet....
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:15 pm   

Since its only happening on emotes, you will want to create an #ONINPUT style trigger
An empty #SEND command should provide the carriage return, of not you could try #PRINT instead.

#ONINPUT {^emote} {#WAIT 20;#SEND {}}

Try that
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: