Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
boblinski
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:33 pm   

Cmud synchronisation

So I use a desktop and laptop 50/50 and I am just wondering what the best/easiest way to sync from pc--to--laptop and back again.. Is there an automated system or what?
(note desktop running win10, laptop win7)

Secondly, what should I be doing to backup the settings etc?

I have been "saving as" and overwriting a backup file I set up in a separate folder.. This seems to work but it crashes my cmud and I need to restart the program completely.

Lastly, I am still on the trial of cmud (will definitely be purchasing).. Does one purchase come with multiple product keys so I may use on pc and laptop for one price?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:37 pm   

The best method it to have the copy of CMUD on both machines set to save to a flash drive, and physically transport it from machine to machine.
It's easiest to set this during installation I believe.
CMUD automatically makes its own backup of the packages I believe... but just make a regular backup of the flash drive for added security.

And yes, you can install CMUD on multiple machines, but it is assumed they will all be your machines.
Keys are currently time sensitive, so there is a method for requesting a new key from the store section of this website.
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 3:37 pm   

If you have access to something like OneDrive, you might be able to save your CMUD session settings in a directory that syncs automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: