Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:55 pm   

Map Conversion Problem

Hi all. I just started MUDing again a couple of months ago and started with my old ZMUD v. 7.21. I created a fairly large map of my MUD using Zmapper. Yesterday I decided to give CMUD a try. I downloaded it and converted my ZMUD sessions without any problem. But when I tried to open my map, I got a "SQL Error: library routine called out of sequence" error message that prevented that particular session from running. I separately downloaded the MapConvert.exe app but got the same error when trying to covert the map file. When I tried using the MapConvert.exe app to repair the original map file, I got a '...could not find MUDName_bak.mdb file" even though there is one in the specified directory. If it matters, I'm running this on Windows 10.

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to provide.
Zax

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:20 pm   

Well, the above problem appears to have been tied to that one particular session. I opened a different session and the map conversion worked fine. So I deleted the original session and remade it and every thing works fine now. Go figure.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:31 pm   

Glad to hear it, I was scratching my head.
But then I haven't made the switch to 10 yet.
How is it?
I assume you had to reinstall Zuggsoft products.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:20 am   

Well, I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8. The upgrade was painless though it took about 2 hrs for the installation. So far everything works fine.

That said, I also upgrade my wife's PC from Win 7 to Win 10. That was more of a pain as the auto-upgrade kept failing. I eventually had to repair Windows Update in Win 7 then use Windows Update to perform the upgrade manually. But again, now that the upgrade is complete, everything works fine for her.

And no, I didn't have to re-load Zuggsoft products. When I first installed Zmud under Win 8, I used the Compatibility Troubleshooter to set them to run it as an XP compatible program. That worked fine mostly but it would often hang up if I was getting a lot of ANSI text output from the MUD (usually when in a complicated combat situation). So (after having already upgraded to Windows 10) I thought maybe CMUD would not have that problem. CMUD installed without any problems under Win 10 and again I used the Compatibility Troubleshooter to set it to run as a Win 7 program. However, I haven't yet used it enough to know how it also will hangup with lots of text output.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: