Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rob
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:17 am   

Old Zmud User looking at Zmud

Hi everyone,

I have owned and used Zmud just about since it was first made and like many others have written 1000's of lines of code that works perfectly. One thing that I want to do is log in HTML. Now I currently log with ansi colours and use the external logedit program to convert the ansi text logs to HTML.

I have heard some great things about CMUD like faster scripts and it can LOG in HTML so I would no longer need to convert.

I have also heard some negative things about CMUD like it is not stable when you are running scripts and I use zmud in windows 8.1 64 bit and it runs fine however I have heard CMUD has issues with this OS. I have also heard of corruption issues.

So

1. Is there any truth to these various rumors and
2. Is it worth me spending the time to convert and test all my code and scripts.

I appreciate your help

Cheers Rob
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:02 am   

I can not say about anything about Windows 8 as a comparison for either zMud or CMud. In terms of stability I believe CMud is more stable than zMud; each has their faults and after long periods of continuous running they both can develop problems.

The only corruption issues I experience with CMud were in early days. I had some extremely complex scripts and after importing them into CMud I had to make numerous corrections for all the different zMud bug work-arounds that were in my scripts. I would also spit the scripts apart into multiple packages and that was where the corruption issues occurred. I think all such issues have long since been corrected, in part due to me testing nearly every way to make them happen over 10 years ago.

I think it is definitely worth anyones time to make the transition. Increased script execution speed is reason enough. True multithreading capabilities is another great reason, although it takes a fair bit of knowledge to understand when to best make use of that capability.
Seb
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:14 pm   

I can't say that I have done much with CMUD so far since I moved to Windows 8.1 (64-bit), but it seems to run fine and connect to ssh and telnet (mud) servers.
rob
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:34 am   

Thanks for the info. I upgraded and bought cmud. Took a while to fix all my scripts but rewrote everything using some of the new things like local vars. Love the new interface and everything runs much smoother than before. I use win 8.1 64 bit and it runs fine along as you run cmud as an administrator.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: