Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ronfar_74@hotmail.com
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:45 am   

One last mapping question

Okay this one is a bit more difficult and I'm not sure how to go about it or if cmud can even do it, there's a plugin mush client has for my game I'd really like to recreate into cmud. Here's a link the the image.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dowc5e&s=8#.VTP8SyFVhBc

It has an arrow moving around that follows your coords on the vmap, but mapping every room isnt really an option as the map is 2300, 1500. I've also managed to make a close to being corrected scaling map in zmapper but no idea how to use it like the plugin.
ronfar_74@hotmail.com
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:51 am   

Actually here's a better link
http://oi58.tinypic.com/dowc5e.jpg
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:51 pm   

It can be done, but I will have to get back to you on how to do it. If the vnums for that region are not laid out in a neat coordinate system, then you will have to get the coordinate conversion data out of the plugin you mentioned. That is about the only part I can say for sure for now.
ronfar_74@hotmail.com
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:15 am   

Here's the GMCP data given by the rooms on the VMAP if that helps any.

num=1957223|name=The Mountain Road|zone=Alyria|terrain=mountain-road|terraininfo=diggable hard|size=unknown|shape=unknown|plane=physical|flags=_empty|coord="id=1|name=Alyria|x=1689|y=389|code=2D|color=""|y""|sym=#"|exits="n=22334|door|e=1957224|s=1959523|w=1957222|sw=1959522|se=1959524"|maxlevel=0|minlevel=61
SBG
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:37 pm   

I'd be interested to see this too, if you can pull it off it would be very cool,
had looked into it myself but got very frustrated and gave up from the headaches
I was getting from trying to wrap my head around it. Embarassed
CMUD Pro v3.34
Zmapper v1.30
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:51 am   

I found the source for the plugin you are using and should be able to get most of the information I need to recreate it from there. For my final design I have elected to create an HTML document and have it displayed by IE. The reasons for this design are that it is virtually impossible to have a Windows machine that doesn't have IE on it. Also I can control many aspects of the IE window from within cMud and can easily pass data into and out of the IE window. The drawbacks are that it can not be docked into a layout and may be affected if IE is your default browser. I am currently researching and thinking about ways to overcome the second problem. The layout issue would exist, in some form, no matter how I design things so I am not overly concerned about that issue.

It will take a while to write everything, but I am on it.
ronfar_74@hotmail.com
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2015 8:13 pm   

Interesting, if I knew lua at all I could probably figure it out eventually... need to sit down and learn it one of these weekends heh
ronfar_74@hotmail.com
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:02 am   

I'm back! bumping this curious if Vijilante ever got anywhere on this matter :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: