Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
raviden
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 9:52 am   

Lost package data

Hi,

suddenly, some of my triggers / aliases etc. dissapeared from my package. I can see that they are still in the .pkg file (when i open it with notepad), still they are not visible in cMUD.
Tried to do the Export/Import trick, but the .xml file is lacking even more settings than available to me via original .pkg file.

Can anyone help?
raviden
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:16 am   

I've opened .pkg file with SQLite editor - the settings are missing in there.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:28 pm   

That's not surprising, CMud is essentially little more than a really fancied-up database viewer so if it has problems with its datafiles then a "real" database program like SQLite Editor isn't going to fare any better on the same files.

Chances are the file is just too far gone for any slick recovery tool to fix. You may have to copy out what you can to notepad and reconstruct manually, but unless the script is particularly complex it might just be easier/faster to rewrite in whole instead of trying to save existing pieces.

When you do the import, though, make sure you delete/rename the old file and start with a brand-new empty file. This will prevent any lingering corruption issues in the old file from remanifesting themselves in your newly-repaired file to cause you even more grief.
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:56 pm   

Any idea how to prevent that from happening in the future? I've started keeping 5 backup files just to be safe, but would rather not risk another loose of my scripts
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: