Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:13 pm   

Working with #PATHHIGH

Anyone know of a way to clear path highlights so I'm only seeing the speedwalk? Apparently #PATHHIGH doesn't clear old highlights, so frequent use will eventually cause my entire map to highlight.
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:52 am   Re: Working with #PATHHIGH

MattLofton wrote:
Anyone know of a way to clear path highlights so I'm only seeing the speedwalk? Apparently #PATHHIGH doesn't clear old highlights, so frequent use will eventually cause my entire map to highlight.

I haven't used PATHHIGH.

However, CMud switched the mapper over to sqlite (ref http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36748), which has a command line utility available and free ($, source code, public domain).

Do you have a sample map? We should be able to set up a query to clear whatever flag it uses.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:05 am   

I doubt that flag would be stored in the database, just in memory. Besides, modifying the database while it's in use doesn't work anyway.
Tarn
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:36 am   

Daern wrote:
I doubt that flag would be stored in the database, just in memory. Besides, modifying the database while it's in use doesn't work anyway.

I was expecting to make the edit when CMUD was closed. Because I don't use the mapper much, it hadn't occurred to me that the highlighting might not be persistent between sessions (only stored in memory).

Anyway, I took a look at the table structure of the mdb file and got a real eyeful- nothing by the name highlight, but there are a few places to store flags and formatting.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:16 am   

Bah, the solution is relatively simple...

Code:

<alias name="testalias" id="954">
  <value>testlist = %map.getselection
#print "item count = "@testlist.count
#loop 0,(@testlist.count - 1) {
  #print %i" - "@testlist.Item(%i).id
}
#call %map.unselectall</value>
</alias>

but it's completely shut down by a major bug that apparently has no workaround. The bug is that the unselectall method leaves the last room highlighted, and there's no functionality to select/deselect specific rooms.

EDIT: progress! The object documentation isn't as completely cross-referenced as it should be, but there's a Selected property that we are told we can change (reference: zmudroom object from the zmapper.hlp helpfile). Now to work out the actual syntax for that...
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:49 pm   

Actually, you can modify the map database on the fly. If you modify the Object table and you want to see the reflected changes (i.e. the rooms) then you simply reload it. If the data can be viewed via a function then you needn't reload it since the fetch is dynamic.
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:49 am   

That doesn't apply in this case, since the highlighting isn't stored in the map. I did find a solution, but it's quite unreliable and dependant on where you last clicked in the mapper so sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and still other times it works incorrectly.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 9:42 am   

I apologize that this is a half-necro response, but I did come up with a fix that worked for me. Matt's script didn't work for me because it asked for a Zmapper function call, and I don't have the program.

The "Highlight Room" command on the Mapper's Room menu (accessed by right-clicking on a room in the Automapper) acts as a selector, effectively de-selecting all other rooms.

In order to make it work, I had to add the menu option to one of the Mapper's available menus; in this case, I chose Actions. Then I created the following bit of code and added it to a macro:

Code:
#MENU {Mapper|Actions|Highlight path}

I also found that when added to a customized "walk" script (not the #WALK command) that used #PATHHIGH, the path would be highlighted and then removed at the end of the walk. I scrounged around looking for the corresponding ID for this command so that it could be used with #CMD, but I had no luck finding it. If anyone might know it, then it would be useful due to its efficiency at producing the desired effect.

I hope this helps.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: