Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:12 pm   

Ansi question

I need help with making an ansi trigger. (Having a hard time putting this into words)

I play a card game on a mud called Euchre, but the dark blue color that is default is very difficult to see, and I've changed all my other colors away from this blue, but I can't change this color as it's set on the mud.

The output from the mud is different in several ways, and all I want to do is color 1 word.

Examples 1:

Card 1: King of Clubs
Card 2: 10 of Clubs
Card 3: Jack of Diamonds

Other examples 2:
<Eukr> T-Dan leads the 9 of Clubs.

and 3

<Eukr> T-Dan picks up the Jack of Clubs (right).

I wish I could display the random ansi codes for you all to see, but in the first example, if clubs are special, the "Card 1:" part is ansified, if Clubs are NOT special, it's just regular grey.

In the next example 2 it's just grey until the 9 of Clubs. which is dark blue, and example 3 the right is ansified.

I'm sorry if that's very confusing, but each time I try to make a trigger, either using #show, #psub, #sub, #cw, etc, I can't get it to color ONLY! the (%a) of Clubs. (The colored part being %a), while keeping the rest of the ansi in tact.

The closest I got would color just the card value, leave of clubs in tact, but would turn the Card 1: to plain grey, and I need that to remain the original ansi color because it changes to show if the clubs are special or not.

I hope someone can understand all that, please and thank you for your help.
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:54 pm   

just copy the pattern you want to match, make a trigger click ansi and paste
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:00 pm   

The problem is the ansi is never the same, it changes often. Sometimes Card 1 will be backgrounded, sometimes it will be purple, or just plain gray. I'd have to make 30 triggers this way, unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Also, how do I color ONLY the card value and not the entire line?
hadar
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:46 pm   

thought you only wanted the blue to be changed??? as for only changing the value, you would need to do something like #if (%ismember(%1,value)) {#cw red}
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:53 pm   

I do want the blue to be changed, but the preceeding Card 1/Card 2/etc, isnt' always the same color, it can be 3 different colors, or it may not even be Card 1, it might be Jack throws the Jack of Clubs ... or Jack throws trump, Jack of Clubs.

It's a very complicated bunch of patterns that I can't figure out how to substitute and ONLY sub the (%a) of Clubs while preserving the original ansi formatting.

Basically what I'm looking to do, is capture and preserve a random ansi/text string which contants (%a) of Clubs, and only change the color of (%a).

Hope that clears it up?
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:39 am   

You can use the #pcol command to color just part of a line. If the problem is just that you can't read the dark blue though, why not remap it to a different color, or a brighter shade at least? Prefs -> ANSI Color -> Foreground Colors.
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:57 am   

Awesome! Pcol worked perfectly, thank you so much.

The reason I didn't change the colors is because everything else I have using the other color blue, but this one, which is forced ansi from the mud can't be changed, else I'd have to change a few dozen other variables, and was just hoping this would be so much easier (and is)

Thank you a whole lot guys! Totally appreciate the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: