Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
megamog75
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:20 pm   

Cmud 3.34 Trigger test pattern woes

I have just updated to the newer version of Cmud 3.34 and I am very impressed by all the hard work Zugg has put into it.
If I was just starting out this would be a great learning tool. That being said, I feel like such a dummy using Cmud's test trigger pattern.
I owe all my knowledge of typing, script, HTML, Pear and a few other knowledge based things to Zugg and the Mud community, Without the need to figure it out for myself ZMud client I don't know if I would have ever learned any of it.

The new trigger testing kind of takes all the fun out of it. It tells me when I have different things wrong and sometimes misses things I have right.
It did not suggest a test pattern as it use to. Mind you I have only evaluated this for 24 hours now and might not be the fluent in the subject yet.

This is why it's just a woe, I am hoping to hear from the forum any suggestions to help me with it or other woes to watch out for.

Again, I am very pleased and impressed by all the new features that Zugg has worked so long and hard on, Thank you Zugg.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:04 pm   

It's one of the victims of the decision to stop working on CMud; it's not finished but is still very useable. Probably best to learn patternmatching from the helpfiles (if you learned it from ZMud, there's almost nothing left to learn), and things like regex or lua from their helpfiles.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: