Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Zugg Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:54 pm
Lua in CMUD v2.0
OmegaDeus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:55 am   

I haven't been able to find much on this reading the in program documentation or anything I've seen on this site. Don't blast me if it has been posted before since I knowing have the worst time picking keywords to turn up the results i desire and end up usually with unrelated or empty results.

However, I was wondering if maybe either through lua, or zScript or maybe both there is a way to say make a trigger or alias which will set your map position to a certain location? Like in my mud of choice there's a recall command which sends me to one location but a recall spell which sends me to another, and a portal spell which has a few places you can teleport to with known locations. If there were some way to utilize these to set my position to the proper place on the map, it would be a lot easier to do mapping or even navigating by looking at the map to see where i am.

Look at me I've got zSKILLS
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:50 pm   

You have several options, none of which require the use of Lua or any other third-party language.

a)check out portals in the mapper. These are essentially internal aliases that can be attached to zones or rooms that do nothing but update your location. They are handy for situations where you use one command (ie, enter) but can go to multiple-choice sites.

b)the #TELEPORT command. This one came from ZMud, the sole purpose of this command is to change the location indicator in the mapper when it needs to be moved in situations exterior to standard room-info detection.

c)the #LOCATION command. Debuting in CMud version 3 with the updated mapper functionality, it does the same thing as #TELEPORT.

d)the #RECALL command. The mapper has the ability to set a recall spot, and using this command will take you to that spot. There's no way to script the setting of this spot (at least, none that I am familiar with).
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:53 pm   

You could also just have the game trigger the #FIND command upon reaching the destination.
Assuming the room has been mapped, it would update your position.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: