Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Iceclaw
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:44 pm   

Scripted Creation of a New Room/Area

I've been away from mudding for years, recently my Mud opened back up and I was looking at perhaps scripting map creation.

#MAKE requires a relative start position.

What ever happened to %newroom()? Was it depreciated and replaced with something else?

I've got access to the area files so I can do %roomlink() to populate exits, but without a clean way of creating rooms, it's a pain...

*I've got a CMUD 2.37 license, but If I can get this working I'd plan to register 3.34PRO if thats what it took to run.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:54 am   

There has never been a %newroom() function in Cmud, nor in later versions of Zmud. I don't know whether there was such a function in old version of Zmud, but I've never heard of it. The normal method for creating rooms is #MAKEROOM, as you have already discovered. There is no other way of doing it with scripts (except for directly modifying the map database, which is not a good idea). I suggest opening Cmud in offline mode, creating a room manually, then executing your script to create the other rooms.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:04 am   

3.34Pro has access to the advanced COM mapper functions, which do include a CreateRoom function that can be used to create an arbitrary room.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: