Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Fallen.Anvil
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:17 am   

Help with underlined URL's

Cmud used to display all url links with an underscore which I could click on and open my browser to that link.

Now when I see them I see an %1 when the triggers are turned on and the link without the underscoring when they are turned off.

Any advice.

Also how could I have searched this forum for the above answer to my problem?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:39 pm   

To search, go to the Site menu and choose the Search option and then choose the appropriate option (knowledgebase for the helpfiles, forums for the forums).
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:34 pm   

It appears that one or more of your triggers is modifying the URL. Cmud has a default package which adds the underlining.
There are two possibilities. A) One of your triggers is interacting with the URL or with the package that adds the underlining.
B) Your default package has accidentally become modified or corrupted.

Try testing this with a new session, with just the default packages and none of your own modifications. If you still have the
problem, it is in the default packages. You can download new copies of the default packages by reinstalling.

If the problem is not in your default packages, you will have to figure out which of your triggers is causing it. There are several
possible ways of investigating. You could turn off your classes and triggers until the problem goes away. You could try to guess
which triggers might be matching on this kind of text. You could use the debugger to see what triggers are firing when a URL
is displayed. This last is probably the fastest, but it can take some work to understand the debugger output the first few times.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 2:13 pm   

The default packages are also available in the package library, you don't need to reinstall if it turns out that's where your problem is.
Fallen.Anvil
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:49 pm   

I had to reinstall Cmud a few months ago and lost all my settings. Triggers, Aliases, the works. When I reinstalled (before) the only trigger I had set up was an Alias for login. Login = connect <name> <password> all the characters have their own sessions and all the login aliases are the same except the <name> all the passwords are the same.

Things were working well and I was ready to flesh out these character settings further when the URL problem arose. I installed again (but didn't uninstall the old version) and the URLs were working fine. Until I customed some font sizes and added those login aliases back in. The problem reappeared.

I'm unsure how a trigger could be fouling up the URL script. Once more I see a %1 when a URL comes up but see the url name with no underlining when I RED X the triggers via the main screen/interface.

I'm wondering since I have so little to lose, if I should do a total uninstall/reinstall.
Fallen.Anvil
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:14 am   

What keeps causing Cmud to become corrupt?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:42 am   

clicking continue when the warning pops up trying to close CMUD supposedly does it
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:18 am   

The act itself is safe, but it allows cmud to operate with bad data in memory. If left long enough, the bad data can be written to file.
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:29 pm   

Ahh thank you both
rozdwojeniejazni
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:25 am   

Actually this warning means that your cmud already is corrupted. Which is caused by the bugginess of cmud. ;/
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: