Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zoticus
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:06 am   

If then unless?

Hello -

In some Iron Realms muds, they have a tattoo that cures a random affliction. Right now, my tree is really simple - it checks if it's able to be used at all, and if so, this happens -

#if (%numitems( @MyAffs)>2 or %ismember( unknown, @MyAffs)) {tree}

The problem with this is that some afflictions 'block' the curing of things that it -can- remedy. I don't want to have it treat those blocks as an inability to work at all, however.

If I have two afflictions it can cure, that are 'blocked' in some way, I don't it to work until those 'blocks' are cured - but, if I have -three- that it can cure, and the third one is -not- blocked, how do I tell my system to cure -just- that third affliction, and wait for the 'blocks' to go away before trying to cure the other two?

An example is broken limbs. A level one break can be cured by the tree tattoo. A level two cannot. If you cure the level two break though, the tree tattoo can cure the level one now. If I have a level two break, I don't want tree to try and cure the level one - but, if I have a level two break, and another affliction, I -do- want it to cure that extra aff.

So.. If I've got a level two break, then don't tree for the level one, -unless- there's -another- affliction.

Any tips?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:52 pm   

#IF (@break) {#SWITCH (@breakLevel) (1) {tattoo} (2) {other method}} {yea, no break}
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:03 am   

This basically tells my system that the level two breaks are 'don't use this method' flags - just the same as not being allowed to do it at all. I'm wondering if the possibility exists to tell it not to try using it if I have a level two break -unless- there's something -else- there besides the breaks themselves that it can cure.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:11 am   

well, the switch could change the reference variable for the cure?
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 am   

You're right, it could..

Actually, that's probably how I'll do it.

I'll write back if it works out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: