Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Amorelia
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:31 pm   

Automapper - occasional SQL Primary Key error

Hi,

I think I got my Automapper working, set up triggers to handle the odd #NODIR situation, even figured out how to fix it for #SLOW Speedwalking to work (although "#SAFE" speedwalk seems far from safe, so maybe I still have it set up wrong).

But ... I periodically get a SQL error whilst using Automap to create a new room (when attempting to move in a direction it hasn't yet mapped). It seems the Automapper is occasionally trying to create a new room with an ID# that's not unique. I'm able to manually create the room (by right-clicking the relevant direction-arrow icon and selecting "Create Room"), but this behaviour is annoying.

Is this a common problem? Any workaround?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:43 pm   

I have experienced issues when mapping new rooms, but usually it is only after i have edited some feature on a bulk number of rooms (like color or size), and then only for the first new room.
The issue Does not appear when i restart CMUD before mapping new areas, or if i only edit one room at a time.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:53 pm   

Yes, I've been making extensive use of bulk-changes, e.g. making all rooms in a forest appear as green. Doing them singly would take an age, and restarting CMUD would throw me back to the start.

From searching the forum, sounds like this was reported as a bug a long time ago.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 7:04 pm   

Do all your mapping first, and dont bother with cosmetic changes until you are done, or ready to restart anyway.
You could always use script to change the color if all the 'forest' rooms are in one zone....

Code:
$thismap=zonename
$color=green
#CALL %mapfilter( %concat( "ZoneID = ", %zonenum( $thisMap)))
#CALL %maplocked( 0)
#SAY {Long Delay starting now... do not abort program.}
#WAIT 0
#LOOP %numrooms {#CALL %roomcol(%roomvnum(%i), $color)}
#CALL %maplocked( 1)
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:44 pm   

Now that I know the possible cause, can probably work around it.

(Also apparently explains why I kept getting a pile of "empty" rooms in the middle of my map).

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: