Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ParaVox3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:39 pm   

Using PageUp and PageDown with CTRL-Z?

Ouch. I wouldn't call Ctrl-Z 'little stuff that doesn't matter'. I'm not a power player, but I've been using Zmud for nearly 15 years for a very limited set of features. They are generally simple... the lengthy command history, command line behavior with remembering old commands but highlighting them to overwrite, huge scrollback buffer, and Ctrl-Z. Those simple things are literally the entire reason I bought Zmud... twice. And a fundamental way that the old clientele used Zmud.

I'm trialing CMud right now because Zmud is well and truly out with the advent of Windows 7 and 64 bit machines. Due to this, I'm searching threads to help me with setup, and I'd really like to be able to somehow set up CMud to mimic shortcut behavior because page-up and page-down are not integral to the typing area, and this is a big, majorly uncomfortable brain re-wire... though it's good to know that the split screen feature does exist.

It REALLY would be nice if zmud did allow people to assign functions to short cuts though - you'd almost think it would based on the expectations that Zmud has set to the customer base with feature richness, so it's disappointing to hear that desired 'little stuff' is going to be ignored. Also, being able to customize one's personal set of shortcuts for game behavior, split screening aside, does not strike me as 'little' but highly desirous across the board.

Is it possible (at this late date, 6 years later) to set up Cmud to enact page up and page down with Ctrl-Z? Thanks for the help!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:37 am   

I went ahead and split your post into its own topic, but for future reference you should:

1)not resurrect topics older than a full year (something could have changed in that time that makes the answer different than what was previously discussed)
2)make a new post for new topics

As to your question, CMud has never been given the ability to call one keypress from another. As a result, in order to emulate the behaviors of different keys you need to execute the desired effect via a command/function or via the lower-level use of a standard protocol (ie, ansi escape sequences). In this specific case, you are pretty much out of luck as the only command/function you have even remotely related to the task is #SCROLL/%scroll and CMud does not fully implement the ansi standard (this is by intention, due to improvements in general software technologies such as windowing).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: