Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Mumra
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:33 pm   

Anti-Spam stopping working? 2.37 [Solved]

I've had this happen to me many times in the past couple weeks. My MUD has a threshold of 20 commands the same, and you get booted.
I set up anti-spam for 15, and it uses a command that is not something I would ever do 2 times in a row really, let alone 20 times.
I notice though that sometimes it just ... stops. Anyone else notice this behavior? I didn't see anything like it on search, and it can be rather annoying while I am spamsearching/digging, and tab to a diff window to come back to it reconnecting.

EDIT:
Could this have something to do with me using the "!" command on my mud? and zmud not keeping track of this as a command sent to the mud?
I did a simple test of a command, then followed it by 20 !'s and got disconnected. but if I use another simple command, the spam protection kicks in.
I find the ! to be very useful, as it sends the exact command you sent last, to the mud again. If I am say, 'search desk' Searching inside of a container returns the same fail message as a search NOT inside of a container, so not really a way to trigger off of it I guess. So this is one of the main reasons I use ! .

Last edited by Mumra on Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:42 pm   

Go in to the CMUD preferences window, click on the session button, then the anti spam tab. Set the Max command length to 0. otherwise any single character command will be ignored by the anti spam system.
CMUD 3.34
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:42 pm   

By default, CMud only saves commands 2 characters or longer. Check your Preferences for it, and drop it down to 1 and your problem should go away.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:47 pm   

It is already at 1 by default preferences I guess. I will try setting it to 0 to see if that makes a difference. Though I see a way around it via a simple alias, slight change to my triggers if this doesn't work.
Mumra
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:54 pm   

Yep, setting it to 0 stopped the disconnects. Odd though that it being at 1, still didn't include one letter commands.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:39 pm   

Interesting. My Command Line>Minimum Command Length To Save is set to 2, but it ignores 2-letter commands but adds 3-letter commands to the command history. If I set it to 1, it remembers 2-letter commands. It is acting like "Maximum Command Length to Ignore" rather than "Minimum Command Length To Save". Perhaps both the Anti-Spam and Command Length To Save have an off-by-one bug?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: