Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
rcharper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:39 pm   

Session Loading

I am having a problem with a Session Loading properly. The package loads correctly (triggers, aliases, etc....) but the Session is not loading the interface screen at all. I delete the Package from memory. Close down Cmud & restart. Problem is still persistent.

I try loading thru "Open Session" I also try #ses and get same result. The only work around I have found so far is to recreate the session and delete the old one but if I rename the new one to the old one it still persists.

Can anyone help me with this problem? I havent been able to find much information on the web and it is very possible im using the wrong search terms.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:45 pm   

Is the display window check box checked for that window in settings? If so, I would try to toggle it off and exit, then reload and toggle it on. Repeating that some, also you might try to clone a window, then move all the settings to the visible window. If tabbing is set, you could unset, and set window visible, using preferences might help. Dragging to the main UI or out of once you have the thing visible could be helpful. Under the window menu item, is your window listed?

When you do effect something you could save a PKG and XML. Then load that and try again. I had issues like that at first too.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:39 pm   

Sounds like a corrupted layout file. Hold down the SHIFT key and click the Open Offline action in the sessions menu. That will reset the window layout to the default.
rcharper

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:37 pm   

It turns out that somewhere in time the program changed the "Window is Visible" option box in Settings editor. I have never noticed this before and did not realize that it had changed since I was more focused on the display side of cmud.

Thank you for the options and helping me trouble shoot this.
Leitia
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:45 pm   

And thank you Zugg for the HTML keeper. In my case I think it was corrupted as my invisible window was listed as visible. I started trying to change the program in any imaginable way and I wondered what really I should do.
Izulien

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:08 pm   

Just had the same issue happen to me (couldn't get my Window to open with my session though the package did load just fine). I tried the toggle of viability with no change in results. I did switch the order I opened my sessions and this seemed to have fixed the issue. I'm guessing it just wasn't a fan of my session layouts.

Thanks for the pointer on possible layout issue as that does indeed seem to be what caused this. My guess is because "auto-save" was on and I opened them in a different order than I normally do. After closing out it got confused at what layout order I would want.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: