trigsandstuff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 pm   

onConnect logging help

I have an event set for onconnect with the following:
#log %time(mm-yyyy).txt

when i start up cmud and connect to the mud. I get this text:

Connected to host mud.com
Appending to log: C:\muddirectory\07-2010.txt

And it starts logging. The problem is that I have a crappy connection and frequently disconnect. Cmud will auto-reconnect and I will get the same appending message as above, however it doesn't actually start logging again.

If, on the reconnect window, I push 'close'. I can then select my mud from the list and it will start logging normally.

What can I change for this to log automatically every reconnect, without having to close the current window? I like keeping my command histories through reconnects :(
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 pm   

This was a bug with the #LOG command in the 2.37 version that I believe is already fixed in the latest Beta version. You can try putting a "#LOG 0" command just before your other #LOG %time command to ensure that logging is first turned off and then back on again and see if that helps. Or put a #LOG command in a onDisconnect event to turn off logging when you get disconnected.
trigsandstuff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:50 pm   

Thanks, 2nd option works perfect.
Blain20
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:53 pm   

Zugg, I posted about this previously as well. I have a major problem with logging when I reconnect. In the onConnect event, I turn logging off (though I was using #Log off), and turn logging on. Then I turn it on the Autolog/Password trigger. When reconnecting, it'll give an error for the OnConnect event, but not for the password trigger. Regardless, the file ends up empty and it fails to log that session unless I manually relog. Manual relogging always works, as well as fresh logins. It's just the silent disconnects where a firewall somewhere between me and the MUD has decided to disconnect me.

This seems to be a Windows 7 issue, though, as I didn't have this problem in Vista with the same CMUD version (3.34).
Blain20
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:08 pm   

When CMUD creates an empty log file, that file is also being kept in lockdown by CMUD. In case that helps any. I think some internal process isn't completing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: