Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Araadan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:50 pm   

[3.34] Cannot write to session file sessions.db

The program returns an error to access the file sessions.db when:
- Is running more than once (the same script / session)
- A connection error occurs simultaneously in both copies of the program (eg, mud reboot)

Quote:
Cannot write to session file: <file path>\sessions.db

It is very annoying that the program hangs until I click "OK". Any automation eliminated.

What information is stored in a file sessions.db and that you can use the program in a read-only mode, when we have finished the script?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:40 pm   

sessions.db is the file that stores all the information about your connection sessions, the icons you can click on in the Sessions window (you can get there via the File|Open Sessions... menu if you already have CMud open and connected.)
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:59 am   

nothing that I edited during the session.

You can somehow turn off the record information to this file to access does not cause errors when you run more than one copy of cmud?
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:24 pm   

Why are you running more than one copy of CMUD at once in the first place? It's not recommended, I'd imagine this is only the first of many errors you'll get because files are being locked...
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:53 pm   

There is nothing bad about running a separate instance of CMUD. (especially if its to connect to a different MUD)
I have never heard recommendations against it either.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 2:56 am   

Given this error message, there obviously is something bad about running a separate instance of CMUD. Araadan, are you aware that you can run multiple sessions in the same instance of CMUD? After you open the first one, just click the sessions button at the top right, choose another session, and it'll open in a new tab. As far as I know, there's no benefit to running a separate CMUD instance over this method.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:04 am   

You get a cleaner layout.
No need to disconnect all characters if one session locks up.

Wait, are you running the exact same session in two separate instances?
That could well be the issue if both are trying to write to the same file at the same time.

If that is the case, try making a separate session for each character you connect to the game simultaneously with.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:07 am   

@ Daern know that cmud can handle multiple sessions simultaneously. In my particular case, this causes errory associated with the map. Still breaks the layout, and after some time map itself is connected to the other sessions and runs several times at the same time which affects considerably the efficiency of the entire PC.

Several times I wrote about this in the forum but apparently could not adequately describe the problem since I was misunderstood.

@shalimar
Currently I have a few sessions that use the same *. pkg file and the same maps and run them in separate copies cmud. At the present time 99% solve the problems that occurred previously.
There are two basic "no" to this approach:
- Where do I edit something on one of the second session might overwrite
- Access error pops session.db when I lose connection or mud execute reboot

@ Daern I realize that in the long run it is bad. Should I cut all the packages / modules, which I have not edited, and all local variables (for a given instance of the session (mud / form)) in char-name.pkg.

Problems arise mainly from the fact that my script, although it has repeatedly rewritten and optimized not only remembers but zMUD 3.62 and weighs almost 2MB, and the map has fully described has 11,829 rooms. ;]

At this time, unfortunately, is missing. That is why I'm looking for alternatives.
At the moment I try not to allow for simultaneous disconnect.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:44 pm   

Trying to open the same map database more than once at the same time, whether in one or multiple instances of CMUD, is definitely going to cause problems. If that's what you're trying to solve by running two instances of CMUD, try reading this thread which explains how to share maps between sessions correctly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: