Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
drysdan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:20 pm   

Help disabling default keypad diagonal directions

The mud I play in mostly only has cardinal directions and up and down, but the default configuration has the keypad numbers 1,3,7,9 mapped to diagonal directions. I've tried and tried to disable them, so I can have those keys back to assign to macros or whatever, but i can't seem to disable the direction feature. I tried disabling, and even deleting the KeypadDiag in Package Editor > System, but it still sends the nw, ne, etc commands when I press the keys.

What am I missing here?

I'm not a scripter or a coder, and I really wish that such a simple feature was detached from the package system, and was simply in the program preferences, like any normal client program, but at this point, I'll take any fix I can get.

Thanks!
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:35 pm   

In a nutshell what you want to do is copy and rename the original english keypad package to something else. In the session you don't want diagonal directions in, make it load the new package instead of the original when opened. open the session, go into the package editor, in the view menu make sure show default packages is checked. You should now see your newly added replacement direction package. select it and then go to the KeypadDiag class. there you can change the diagonal direction keys to whatever you want.
CMUD 3.34
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: