Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
wojciech_warmuz
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:01 pm   

#T+ and #T- problem

Hello
Ok I created class +senses and put here 2 aliases and 2 triggers, but when i do #T+ +senses or #T- it does enable/disable class but not aliases/triggers inside this class? I thought if would enable/disable all stuff inside.
What I need to do to enable/disable all stuff inside class? (other then manually of course)
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:27 pm   

You shouldn't name a class starting with a + or number or anything of the sort. I'm surprised that is even allowed. In fact Fang just made a post on that recently.

Read here

You don't need to disable everything in the class. Once you disable the class you can't access the triggers and stuff inside of it. A lot of people put groups of triggers inside a class and just enable or disable the class that way. Even though it doesn't show everything inside the class as disabled they aren't accessible as long as the class is disabled.
ReedN
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:34 pm   

If the class folder is disabled, the items inside it are effectively disabled, because they won't run.
wojciech_warmuz
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:46 pm   

OK, i doubt invalid class name has anything to do with it... but, i changed it, to 'senses' and disabled it, i have there IN CLASS/FOLDER 2 aliases 'sen' and 'sfor'
when its disabled #T- senses, aliases doesnt work, when i type #T+ senses, it enables senses class, ( i look at Package Editor) but all aliases inside are still grey.... NOT ENABLED and when i type in myd #alias sen, it tells me there are not alias like that
so whats wrong?
tha same goes if i enable them manually and then type: #T- senses, class/folder is disabled(OK) but all inside dont change, so it looks enabled!
so whats wrong?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:43 pm   

Nothing is wrong. It is working as it should be. If you disable the class, the triggers and aliases within it do not run EVEN THOUGH the individual aliases and triggers are not each disabled. If you disable the aliases and triggers individually, then enabling the class will not affect the individual aliases and triggers--you will still have to enable each one.
wojciech_warmuz
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:56 pm   

so there is no way to enable/disable group of aliases/triggers/vars? in "one click"?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:27 pm   

What are you really trying to do? Are you trying to turn off a bunch of triggers with a single command, and turn them on again with a single command? Disabling and enabling the class will effectively do that. Even though the individual triggers do not appear to be disabled, they will not activate if the class they are in is disabled. This allows you to control both groups and individual triggers. You can disable an individual trigger. It will not work even while others within the class do work. You can disable the class, and all the triggers will stop working. You can enable the class, and the enabled triggers within it will start working again while the disabled triggers will not.

If you are trying to do something else, please explain.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:54 pm   

That's typically done by putting them in one class. But if you only want to enable/disable some of the aliases etc in that class at the same time, then they should be probably be in a different class, or at least a sub-class.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:10 pm   

Rahab wrote:
[I]f you disable the class, the triggers and aliases within it do not run EVEN THOUGH the individual aliases and triggers are not each disabled...

While it is true that aliases within a disabled class won't run, I've found that if #T+/- targets a trigger within a disabled class, it will enable/disable it. The problem is discussed here.
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:20 am   

Well, its all true what you guys said, maybe you did not understand me well becaouse of my English, but its rather a bug, becaouse, indeed NOW when i disable/enable class aliases dont/or work.... but earlier when i had ALL THE SAME it wasnt like that, and #T+- simply didnt work for all things wthin class, i had to restart CMud(2.37) and worked ok, but then when i setted few Vars again, it stoped worked again and like that.... so now iam confused why sometimes it works like it should sometimes i doesnt
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:12 pm   

Please explain in more detail what you think is not working. Give specific examples.
wojciech_warmuz
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:31 pm   

read what I wrote in first 3 posts...
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:00 pm   

I read what you wrote in your first three posts. However, I have not seen the problem you are reporting. If you actually want us to help, you will have to give more information. For instance, when you say:
Quote:
earlier when i had ALL THE SAME it wasnt like that, and #T+- simply didnt work for all things wthin class

what do you mean by "simply didn't work? What exactly were the steps you did, and what happend that 'didn't work'? We don't have enough information to understand exactly what you mean. I am not seeing anything like what you are reporting. I enable and disable classes all the time to control triggers and aliases. If you tell us exactly what you are doing and seeing, perhaps we can figure it out.
wojciech_warmuz
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 6:08 pm   

simply didn't work!
ok class is disabled from package editor....
#t+ senses, should turn on all aliases/triggers inside class right? it didnt! class folder named senses did enable, but all aliased and triggers inside dont! so i couldnt use them
then i enable them manually from Package Editor
it started working....
so Cmud is not working like you all saying
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:12 pm   

There is no need to disable individual settings if you are going to disable the class.
Items in a class are disabled (even though they don't show it), so long as the class they are in is disabled.

Try not to name individual settings the same as classes.
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:22 pm   

So, wojciech, what you are saying is, for a trigger or alias to work, all of the following must be true.

1. The individual trigger or alias itself must be enabled.

2. The class that contains the trigger or alias must be enabled.

3. If the trigger or alias is in several levels of classes, each class and subclass leading to the trigger or alias must be enabled.

Am I understanding this correctly?

And, gurus, is this the way CMUD is supposed to work?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:28 pm   

Yes and yes, even if im not technically a guru.
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 9:28 pm   

Yes, that is exactly how it is supposed to work, and that is exactly how I described it working above:
Quote:

You can enable the class, and the enabled triggers within it will start working again while the disabled triggers will not.
astrotaz
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:54 pm   

is the only way to disable an individual alias from within a trigger is to put he alias in it's own subclass and do #T- <subclass> ?

Is there no #T- <aliasname> ?
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:39 pm   

#T- <aliasname> should work just fine.
CMUD 3.34
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: