Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Makya

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:35 pm   

Help With #IF actions

I am trying to write a #IF command string that sometimes needs to give two reactions. When I use the normal line break ';' inside the trigger it spits out the line:
Code:
work @Atk1;#alarm +6 {Working_2}

..which the mud cannot use. Are there any solutions other than turning it into an alias to reference first?

Code:
#If (@Perc >= 101) {~work @Fin1} {#If (@Perc <= 85) {~work @Atk2;#alarm +11 {Working_2}} {#If (@Perc > 85 AND @Perc <= 99) {~work @Atk1;#alarm +6 {Working_2}} {#If (@Perc = 100) {~work @Atk1;#alarm +6 {Working_2}}}}}
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:32 pm   

The problem is where you are quoting the work command with ~. Removing the ~ or replacing with #send should solve your problem.
CMUD 3.34
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:08 pm   

Wouldn't something like this be easier?

Code:
#switch (@Perc >=101) {
  #sendraw {work @Fin1}
  }
  (@Perc > 85) {
  #sendraw {work @Atk1}
  #alarm +6 {Working_2}
  }
  (@Perc <=85) {
  #sendraw {work @Atk2}
  #alarm +11 {Working_2}
  }
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:36 am   

Fizgar wrote:
The problem is where you are quoting the work command with ~. Removing the ~ or replacing with #send should solve your problem.

That shouldn't be a problem. Ideally, he'd want to use #SENDRAW, and not #SEND because #SENDRAW will send it as the MUD command rather than an alias. ~work means to send [b]work[\b] without client alias interference, and has been used in many scripts before.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:22 pm   

I'm trying to find the section of the documentation that mentions the ~ syntax, if there is one. Can anyone else find it?

My vague recollection is that the ~ syntax is good for the command line, but not recommended for scripts. But I'm not at all certain about that. In any case, #SENDRAW is definitely the safest syntax for this situation.
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:17 pm   

While using ~ shouldn't be a problem, it is when used to quote a word inside a #if statement with multiple commands separated by ;. Those are the results from my tests anyway. Also while #sendraw is 100% safe to use without causing other settings to fire, #send will work fine as long as there are no oninput triggers that have a pattern matching the text to be sent.
CMUD 3.34
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:33 pm   

The ~ is just to escape the alias name, so it doesn't get into an infinite loop of alias calls. The problem is that it's not parsing anything after ~work, so it won't recognize the ; as being a command separator. If you want to use a ~ to escape the alias, rather than using the #send command, you can't have any other commands on the same line. Also, I don't think #sendraw will work like others are suggesting, I assume you want the @Atk variables to expand?

This code should do what you want:
Code:
#If (@Perc >= 101) {
  ~work @Fin1
  } {
  #If (@Perc <= 85) {
    ~work @Atk2
    #alarm +11 {Working_2}
    } {
    #If (@Perc > 85 AND @Perc <= 99) {
      ~work @Atk1
      #alarm +6 {Working_2}
      } {
      #If (@Perc = 100) {
        ~work @Atk1
        #alarm +6 {Working_2}
        }
      }
    }
  }
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:14 pm   

Except the logic is wrong and you have two statements doing the absolute same thing. You should use #sendraw as well if you are sending something directly to the Mud.

Quote:
Also, I don't think #sendraw will work like others are suggesting, I assume you want the @Atk variables to expand?

It will work absolutely fine if you are coding properly. See my example above.
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:49 am   

Huh, just tested it, and apparently #sendraw does expand variables. I thought the whole point of it was to send stuff directly to the mud without doing stuff like that. In fact, the documentation says: "The text is not echoed or parsed in any way." So yeah, your code should work, and the documentation should probably be updated...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: