Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
omgthisnamesux

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:21 pm   

Noobie Question: Set Target, Auto-Return Backstab

I'm new to ZMUD, and trying to figure out how to set up some triggers/aliases and what not.

First, I'd like to set up an target alias - so that when I type: "tt goblin" it sets my target to goblin and displays the target above the command prompt on Zmud, i.e. "target: goblin".

I'm assuming once that is set up I can just set an alias so that BB would Backstab @target, and thus I would backstab goblin.

However, now the tricky part is that I would like it so that when i hit BB it backstab @target, then flees, then auto-returns the direction I came from and backstabs goblin again. I only want it to auto-return if I use BB though, if I just type out flee manually I don't want the auto-return trigger to engage.

Is setting something like this up possible? i did some searches on the forum and some people discussing but at a much more advanced level so i didn't know what they were saying or how to actually implement into my ZMUD.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
myddrun
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:15 pm   

Most MUDs I play Flee tends to be random which adds an extra level of complexity.

Why not use alarms or the ticker to spam "backstab @target" and you control the directions manually? In case of health problems you don't want to auto return too soon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: