Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
surge321123
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:26 am   

alarms not deleting

I created a basic trigger to do something, then it created 2 alarms to do something else... I was lazy when I wrote it since it was such a basic trigger and I didn't even name the alarms. The problem is the alarms just never fired. They disabled themselves the instant they were created. Now I have about 100000 of these alarms and they are now preventing any alarm from firing. I tried rebooting cmud multiple times, but they remain. I tried looking in the settings for them and even searching for them but its like they don't exist...

Is there some command that kills all the alarms at once? I know there is a KILLALL command, but I'd hate to lose months or work since I don't have a more recent backup.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:22 am   

Export to XML, take the time to tediously remove the alarms from said xml, and import.
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:28 pm   

good lord... is that my only option? You have no idea how huge my settings file is...

It sounds like that is a command the new version of cmud should add in. This issue is not hard to recreate and if there is NO recourse at all to fix it when the problem effectively destroys your ability to use cmud... sounds like we need a command added.
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:49 pm   

Assuming it's the same trigger that created the alarms and they have content, you could filter your settings for something distinct in their values. To filter settings, select any setting in the tree view and press ctrl-F, and it's pretty obvious from there. Failing that, do what Matt said, and next time don't be so lazy! (I've done the same thing and now ALWAYS name alarms)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: