Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kittyfish
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:00 am   

[3.34 MAPPER] Keyboard Creation mode is not working/no effect

Putting the mapper in Keyboard Creation Mode (under Zone toolbar) has no effect like how it used to be in old versions of CMUD/ZMUD so I think this must be a bug, it used to be when in Keyboard Creation Mode you could basically draw maps with the numpad with the rooms instantly appearing, now it seems like it is no difference whatsoever from when you have Keyboard Creation Mode off! It is still sending commands to the mud when I try draw on the map with the numpad, and once it's in the new room it fills the room with the description and exits as normal - it literally seems to do nothing at all now :(
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:25 pm   

It is "English Keypad" package that screws up keyboard room creation in my CMUD installation. Run untitled session, unload "English Keypad" and you should be able to bring keyboard map creation back to life... although it is pointless. Since I personally do not have plans to remove "English Keypad" from my primary session (I need it there), I'll stay without that mapper feature as well. Confused

I must note that I downloaded "English Keypad" package from the Library since I've lost my original "English Keypad". May be there is old or broken version in the Library - I don't know.
-#SECTION can terminate threads
-Buttons can't start threads
kittyfish
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:57 pm   

If I remove English Keypad won't that stop me being able to use the keypad to move around when I'm NOT in keyboard creation mode and in WALK mode? :(

Seems like a bug?
Arde
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:23 pm   

I don't know. As I said I can't remove it from my session, so I'm sitting without keyboard mapping.
I would like first to know is it up-to-date package version in the library though...
-#SECTION can terminate threads
-Buttons can't start threads
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:59 pm   

Nothing's changed in that package, ever. While I think Zugg has included newer files to deal with corruption issues, the information is still just the same 10 directions from ZMud.
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:55 pm   

So does anyone know why Keyboard Creation is not working then, if the english keypad stuff is a red herring? It wasn't me who brought that up, read my original post please please!
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:42 am   

The problem is in how CMud is processing keystrokes. Apparently the check for macros comes before the check for mapper features like keyboard mapping. You can fix this by disabling the KeypadDiag and Keypad classes so that you can do your keyboard mapping stuff.
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:10 pm   

Thanks a lot, I found it in the Macro/"Package Editor" under "View">"Show Default Packages" then going to the new tabs that appear at the top and clicking "EnglisH Keypad" where it has all the macros for the direction buttons, I just selected both and right click unticked Enable to disable them.

Of course that's kind of awkward having to do that every time you want to use Keyboard Creation, is this forum the right way to report a bug or is there an official ticket system too? I am SURE Keyboard Creation used to work just by well, turning it on, not needing you to do this every time :)
kittyfish
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 7:31 am   

bump :(
kittyfish
Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:20 pm   

kittyfish wrote:
that's kind of awkward having to do that every time you want to use Keyboard Creation, is this forum the right way to report a bug or is there an official ticket system too? I am SURE Keyboard Creation used to work just by well, turning it on, not needing you to do this every time :)

please anyone I am not really a programmy person but I am trying to do my best :(

I made a support ticket and they just ignore it
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:10 pm   

This is indeed the correct place to report bugs.
kittyfish
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:06 pm   

Ok, still not fixed
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: