Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:42 pm   

Grrrr, Really?

Some idiot out on the Internet has used the zuggsoft.support@gmail.com address already. WTF??? Not only does this make my life difficult as I attempt to migrate some of our email over to GMail so I have better web access to it, but it makes me worried that somebody out there is trying to spoof Zuggsoft support.

Just makes me mad that there are people who do this kind of stuff.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 pm   

Many people are doing it for the money, rather than to mess with you. They're gambling on you really needing that URL/address and be willing to pay for it as opposed to coming up with another one. People made millions of dollars this way back in the 90s.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:09 am   

Oh ... This is because Zugg does not answer my emails!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:37 pm   

Araadan, I answer all my emails. Where did you send it? Be sure you are sending it to support@zuggsoft.com and not using the automated Feedback or Bug Report submissions since those go to a database automatically and I only review them every few weeks and don't answer most of those. But support@zuggsoft.com we answer within 2 business days...either me or Chiara.
Araadan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:31 pm   

zuggsoft.support@gmail.com :P
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:13 pm   

My only question is why would you send it there when it's not listed anywhere on this site? Not trying to be mean, but did you just pull that out of the air, or is it documented somewhere and attempting to say they are indeed support for Zuggsoft?
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:28 pm   

I think he was just teasing Charn, hence the :P emoticon at the end. ;)
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:02 am   

Have you given any thought to using Google Apps for business? We use it in our business and love it. It even supports offline use and imap support if you still want to use your preferred client.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 9:40 pm   

I've thought about it, but don't really need the actual "apps" and Gmail seems to be working fine for what I need. Still a bit nervous about putting business email on the Google servers, but I guess I need to get over that. If Google ever messes with corporate data there will be bigger companies than me deal with them.

Anyway, normal Gmail works with IMap so I'm still happily using Thunderbird with the new accounts.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:17 am   

I just migrated one of my domains over to google apps (in particular for gmail)... so far, seems pretty good. I wasn't so worried about the sensitivity of the data, since I would encrypt anything I deem as 'sensitive' (email is plain text after all)... my main concern is more that I feel I might get lazy with my backups, and assume google will never crash and then get caught out when inevitably something bad happens.

So I just have to remember to sign in every so often and pull a backup of everything to my local machine... side from that, it's great! Love being able to edit my calendar/emails from my phone, browser, tablet, etc... good use of the "cloud".

I still think I would prefer a managed exchange server - but that was going to cost more for 1 mailbox than my entire web hosting package!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: