Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:23 am   

Pattern matching anomaly

I have a group of triggers, they USED to work but I haven't had to use them in a while. When I attempted to use them they failed to work and after investigating I determined that the pattern matching wasn't correctly matching on the pattern wizard tab.

Code:
<trigger priority="11970" id="238">
  <pattern>({@autotformnames}) gives you (*).$</pattern>
  <value>#addkey {tformowners} {%2} {%trim(%1)}
keyw inv</value>
</trigger>
  <var name="autotformnames" type="StringList" usedef="true">
    <value>sam|bob</value>
    <json>["sam","bob"]</json>
  </var>

Testing on the following string:
Code:
bob gives you a cloak.

Matches with the string anchored to the end, BUT! %1 matches "a cloak" and %2 matches as empty. If I anchor the beginning it fails to match at all!

If I change the pattern to:

Code:
(({@autotformnames})) gives you (*).$

%1 matches nothing %2 matches "a cloak" and %3 matches empty.

Can anyone duplicate this? or have a solution? or am I doing something stupid here?

Currently running 3.34, not sure what version when this was last working.

Thanks for any help.
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:29 am   

Using the first block of code in your post and using #show to echo the string you are trying to trigger on %1=bob and %2=a cloak when I test. I get the same result if I anchor at the beginning or end of the pattern. Maybe a case of package corruption? Try to export your package to .xml then re import in to a new clean session and give it a try.
CMUD 3.34
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:55 am   

I exported and re imported this stuff not that long ago, but i just re-did it, i'm still having the same problem. Maybe i'll reinstall cmud and see if that fixes the problem.
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
geniusclown
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:05 pm   

I copied and pasted your XML to a blank session, and it functions as expected: %1 = bob and %2 = a cloak. Also using v3.34
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:35 pm   

Ok, I fixed it. the triggers I posted here were in a secondary package. which did not appear to be corrupted but when I exported and import my MAIN session package the problem was resolved, evidently something got corrupted there and was messing up these triggers.

Thanks for the help
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: