Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Raserei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:25 am   

Refill script with Superfills!

I am a total script writing noob. I have Zmud and am interested in a refill script that includes Superfills. I've been away from Achaea for over 3 years and so much has changed that my simple little refill script just won't cut it any more. Anyone have any suggestions besides Vadi's?

edit: learned to spell
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:01 am   

This forum is for finished mud scripts, questions should be posted in the general discussion forum. That being said, it'll be very hard for anyone to help you, since you provided absolutely no information about what you want your script to do. Could you tell us a bit more please?
Raserei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:01 am   

Daern wrote:
This forum is for finished mud scripts, questions should be posted in the general discussion forum. That being said, it'll be very hard for anyone to help you, since you provided absolutely no information about what you want your script to do. Could you tell us a bit more please?

Well I posted it here because I thought someone might already have one.
Secondly, I want a refill script that gives the option of making it a regular fill or a superfill.
I use ZMUD
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:58 pm   

Just because you thought someone might already have one doesn't mean this is the appropriate forum for it. This forum is for posting your own finished scripts, that you made, and wish to share with others. That is not what you're doing here, you did not post any code, you're just requesting that someone make a script for you. Script requests, and any other questions really, should go to the general discussion forum.

Secondly, you still provided zero information. 'a refill script that gives the option of making it a regular fill or a superfill' is not a good enough description for anyone to be able to code it, we need more details. What, specifically, does a refill script need to do? What is a regular fill? What is a superfill? What commands need to be sent to the MUD to refill? What commands need to be sent to the MUD to make a regular fill? What commands need to be sent to the MUD to make a superfill? What is the MUD output when something needs to be refilled? Any other commands that would be needed, or output from the MUD that would need to be triggered on? These are all basic questions that need to be answered before anyone can start coding anything.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:05 pm   

Look for the one that I posted here. If you can't find it, PM me with your email and I'll send you the zMUD export file for it.

I don't actually play that MUD either, I worked with someone else to make it for them... and in exchange they bought me CMUD and I made it for that client too ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:14 pm   

Daern, if i knew all that crap i'd make the script myself. YOu seem extremely upset thatI posted here. I can't access the other forum you suggested firstly for me to post into. I'll remove this since it seems to be causing you all sorts of distress.
Raserei

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:14 pm   

double post
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:00 am   

I'm not at all upset that you posted here, I'm just trying to explain what this forum is for, so you know for the future. You do have access to the zmud general discussion forum, everyone does - it's the one directly above this one on the main forums page. I'm actually surprised a mod hasn't moved this there yet... *nudge*

As for not knowing all that crap...you're saying that you don't know how the MUD works? I'm not asking anything complicated here. How do you refill currently, without a script? That's really all I'm asking, what do you need to type to refill something? This is general code that does essentially what I think you're asking for, except I don't know the syntax of the MUD's commands, so you'll need to fill in that yourself...
Code:
#ALIAS refill {#IF %yesno("Do you want a superfill?") {superfill %1} {refill %1}}
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:10 am   

I've got both of the Achaea scripts that I wrote now. Harvest and Potion Brewing (Potion Brewing is what you want). The Brew script is also able to automatically sell potions like you were a store as well.

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32012
http://forums.zuggsoft.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32122

Good luck.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:15 am   

OK, so it's a bit more complicated than I assumed. I would never have been able to write a script like that without some information about the game's commands and output...
MyJuliet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 am   

I did not really play the mud, I worked with others for them ... in exchange, they bought, I CMUD and my clients, it too.
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:13 pm   

MyJuliet wrote:
I did not really play the mud, I worked with others for them ... in exchange, they bought, I CMUD and my clients, it too.

Erm... spammer... Zugg you need a "Report" button in posts to report spammers :)
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:08 pm   

Yeah, precisely. It's really gone way overboard, imo.

--------------------------------
Intel Core i5-650 3,2GHz
4 DD3 RAM
GTX 460 768MB
Win 7 Home Premium 64x
--------------------------------
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: