Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:25 pm   

[3.34]zs.func.db problems

Not sure if it's me or if it's really a problem, but I can't seem to get zs.func.db("database", "key") to work in LUA. For that matter, I had a function that would return the proper value in zscript, but when trying to execute the function in lua using zs.execfunc("funcname", "arguments"), it returned nothing.

Am I missing something?

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
<cmud>
  <var name="reverselanguage" type="Record" copy="yes">
    <value>Slovak=sk|Ukrainian=uk|Albanian=sq|Slovenian=sl|Portuguese=pt|English=en|Swedish=sv|Chinese Simplified=zh-CN|Filipino=tl|Japanese=ja|Belarusian=be|Romanian=ro|German=de|Malay=ms|Vietnamese=vi|Finnish=fi|Catalan=ca|Norwegian=no|Maltese=mt|Arabic=ar|Swahili=sw|Afrikaans=af|Danish=da|Lithuanian=lt|Irish=ga|Galician=gl|Haitian Creole=ht|Spanish=es|Hindi=hi|Hungarian=hu|Welsh=cy|Macedonian=mk|Greek=el|Latvian=lv|French=fr|Polish=pl|Russian=ru|Italian=it|Croatian=hr|Persian=fa|Icelandic=is|Thai=th|Dutch=nl|Indonesian=id|Czech=cs|Bulgarian=bg|Yiddish=yi|Turkish=tr|Hebrew=iw|Estonian=et|Serbian=sr</value>
    <json>{"Slovak":"sk","Ukrainian":"uk","Albanian":"sq","Slovenian":"sl","Portuguese":"pt","English":"en","Swedish":"sv","Chinese Simplified":"zh-CN","Filipino":"tl","Japanese":"ja","Belarusian":"be","Romanian":"ro","German":"de","Malay":"ms","Vietnamese":"vi","Finnish":"fi","Catalan":"ca","Norwegian":"no","Maltese":"mt","Arabic":"ar","Swahili":"sw","Afrikaans":"af","Danish":"da","Lithuanian":"lt","Irish":"ga","Galician":"gl","Haitian Creole":"ht","Spanish":"es","Hindi":"hi","Hungarian":"hu","Welsh":"cy","Macedonian":"mk","Greek":"el","Latvian":"lv","French":"fr","Polish":"pl","Russian":"ru","Italian":"it","Croatian":"hr","Persian":"fa","Icelandic":"is","Thai":"th","Dutch":"nl","Indonesian":"id","Czech":"cs","Bulgarian":"bg","Yiddish":"yi","Turkish":"tr","Hebrew":"iw","Estonian":"et","Serbian":"sr"}</json>
  </var>
  <func name="testas" language="Lua" copy="yes">
    <value>return zs.func.db("reverselanguage", zs.param(1)) .. " : " .. zs.func.db("languagetable", zs.param(2))</value>
  </func>
  <var name="languagetable" type="Record" copy="yes">
    <value>zh-CN=Chinese Simplified|yi=Yiddish|vi=Vietnamese|uk=Ukrainian|tr=Turkish|tl=Filipino|th=Thai|sw=Swahili|sv=Swedish|sr=Serbian|sq=Albanian|sl=Slovenian|sk=Slovak|ru=Russian|ro=Romanian|pt=Portuguese|pl=Polish|no=Norwegian|nl=Dutch|mt=Maltese|ms=Malay|mk=Macedonian|lv=Latvian|lt=Lithuanian|ja=Japanese|iw=Hebrew|it=Italian|is=Icelandic|id=Indonesian|hu=Hungarian|ht=Haitian Creole|hr=Croatian|hi=Hindi|gl=Galician|ga=Irish|fr=French|fi=Finnish|fa=Persian|et=Estonian|es=Spanish|en=English|el=Greek|de=German|da=Danish|cy=Welsh|cs=Czech|ca=Catalan|bg=Bulgarian|be=Belarusian|ar=Arabic|af=Afrikaans</value>
    <json>{"zh-CN":"Chinese Simplified","yi":"Yiddish","vi":"Vietnamese","uk":"Ukrainian","tr":"Turkish","tl":"Filipino","th":"Thai","sw":"Swahili","sv":"Swedish","sr":"Serbian","sq":"Albanian","sl":"Slovenian","sk":"Slovak","ru":"Russian","ro":"Romanian","pt":"Portuguese","pl":"Polish","no":"Norwegian","nl":"Dutch","mt":"Maltese","ms":"Malay","mk":"Macedonian","lv":"Latvian","lt":"Lithuanian","ja":"Japanese","iw":"Hebrew","it":"Italian","is":"Icelandic","id":"Indonesian","hu":"Hungarian","ht":"Haitian Creole","hr":"Croatian","hi":"Hindi","gl":"Galician","ga":"Irish","fr":"French","fi":"Finnish","fa":"Persian","et":"Estonian","es":"Spanish","en":"English","el":"Greek","de":"German","da":"Danish","cy":"Welsh","cs":"Czech","ca":"Catalan","bg":"Bulgarian","be":"Belarusian","ar":"Arabic","af":"Afrikaans"}</json>
  </var>
</cmud>

To use, do:

Code:
#PRINT {@testas("en","Spanish")}

It'll return nothing. Even when I've actually changed it to: return zs.func.db("languagetable", "en"), it still failed.

So, before I lose my mind, what's not working properly?
orphean
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:09 pm   

zs.func.db does work. But there are two problems that I can see from what you have provided. First, the first argument to zs.func.db needs to be a variable reference to a database record, not a string with the variable name. To get a CMUD variable reference in lua we must use zs.var.<variablename>. I edited your function to the following:
Code:
<func name="testas" language="Lua" id="19">
  <value>return zs.func.db(zs.var.reverselanguage, zs.param(1)) .. " : " .. zs.func.db(zs.var.languagetable, zs.param(2))</value>
</func>

Secondly,
Code:
#PRINT {@testas("en","Spanish")}

You have your arguments backwards with respect to how the function is written if you're calling it this way. "en" is a VALUE in reverselanguage, "Spanish" is a VALUE in language table. Since these aren't keys zs.func.db still isn't going to return anything. If we make the previous code change and swap the parameters like this:

Code:
#PRINT {@testas("Spanish","en")}

We'll find it works as expected and we get the following output in CMUD:
Code:
es : English

As for zs.execfunc I'd have to more about what was going on there. zs.execfunc("funcname", "arguments") is all you should need.
Hope this helps.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:21 pm   

Having the arguments backwards was my mistake on the forums (the code in the actual script I was using was correct, silly me).

Anyway, didn't realize that it had to be zs.var as well. Thanks for pointing that out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: