Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:41 am   

Distinguishing between CMUD/CMUDPro in a script

Is there a way for a script to tell if it's running on CMUD or CMUDPro? I have some code that will only work on CMUDPro, and I would wrap the whole thing in #IF (%cmudtype = "cmudpro"), but I can't find a %cmudtype variable...
Araadan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:17 am   

Code:
#version

orphean
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:10 am   

#version doesn't indicate whether or not CMUD is Pro. Even if it did it would probably been more useful to use the function %version.

Daern, I could be wrong and if I am the fine gurus who live here will correct me but I don't believe there is a builtin way to do that. Luckily it is easy enough to create our own method of checking using a user-defined function and LUA:
Code:
<func name="cmudpro" language="Lua" id="58">
  <value>if zs.func.url == nil then
  return 0
else
  return 1
end</value>
</func>

So this defines the user function @cmudpro which will return 1 if the %url function exists and 0 otherwise. Since %url is only defined in CMUD Pro/TeSSH this should provide a method of programmaticly testing for Pro.

Quick example of use:
Code:
#if ( @cmudpro() ) {
  // CMUD Pro Bits here
}
Daern
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:43 pm   

Araadan: #version, for me, displays CMUD Version: 3.34. Could someone on CMUDPro test this, and see if it says CMUDPro Version: 3.34? Still, it'll probably be more trouble than it's worth to have to make a trigger to capture and gag that, it would be nice if the full string was added to %version, or some other global variable...

Orphean: great idea, but it doesn't seem to work. Even on CMUD it returns 1, and print(zs.func.url) shows function: 159DB170, so it does seem like it's not nil. I tried zs.cmd.ftp too, can't think of any other CMUDPro only commands/functions offhand, but it doesn't look like it's going to work.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:43 pm   

Not sure why it returns something in lua (quite possibly it's because the code for the function is there, but unless you've got pro, it won't activate), but in zscript, it seems to be working. Perhaps you can write a function in zscript to return true or false based on %url. You may have to actually populate it with something though (%url("http://www.google.com") for instance).

With that said, a %cmudtype wouldn't be a bad idea, but since most scripts are generally used on the specific version (pro vs non-pro), it probably isn't something that has even crossed Zugg's mind.
orphean
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:31 pm   

Well serves me right for not testing it in normal CMUD. I tested it by just looking for a nonsense function (ie, zs.func.banana) and it returned false. So it looks like %url and %ftp are still in the function table in normal CMUD and deactivated by other means.

Back to square one!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:53 pm   

I'll try to add something for this. Probably I'll change the result of #VERSION but also provide a function for it.

And yes, all of the functions/commands for CMUDPro are still recognized in CMUD (to avoid getting syntax errors for unknown function), but they point to completely empty code blocks. CMUDPro is created via conditional compilation statements in Delphi, so the functions are still there, but they just don't have any code in the regular CMUD.
Fizgar
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:15 pm   

Is the package directory for CMUDPro labeled as CMUDPro, or just CMUD like the normal install?
CMUD 3.34
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:02 am   

Daern wrote:
Araadan: #version, for me, displays CMUD Version: 3.34. Could someone on CMUDPro test this, and see if it says CMUDPro Version: 3.34?

It doesn't., I get "CMUD Version: 3.34" on cMUDPro

Fizgar wrote:
Is the package directory for CMUDPro labeled as CMUDPro, or just CMUD like the normal install?

CMUD like the normal install.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: