Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:05 pm   

Importing zMud .MUD file

I've been having a heck of a time trying to import my zMud programs; it's just something that I've tried off and on since cMud was released, and it has never worked.

Basically, what I am doing right now:
I took an entirely new computer (never had cMud or zMud installed on it), installed cMud. I took my zMud .mdb and .mud files, and I've moved them over to this computer. I attached the .MUD to the game profile of my game, and it went through importing it, excellent!

Then it starts spamming me with unresolved aliases-- my timers came through and are firing (all triggers came and are executing). In the Package Editor, it shows me the Mud's name twice in two different tabs; the first tab has all of the variables and all of the triggers. The second tab has all the aliases. ("All, Mud name, Mud name" is the tab layout)

Since they're split up like that, it appears that it's just using the first one it finds, and everything in the second 'package' is being ignored.

I can verify this by creating a new alias in the first window. It appropriately behaves as an alias should. If I create an alias in the second window... it does not find it / parse it as an alias, the text just goes right on through.

What am I doing wrong here? I would very much like to be able to upgrade from zMud at some point without losing my map, but I keep running into this problem whether I do it on a computer that has previously had cMud, or a fresh install; the aliases just don't want to come. And if I close cMud, the aliases will just vanish entirely into oblivion at this point. :(
Caelin
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:18 pm   

This time, in order to keep the aliases from poofing, I renamed the second package to something else (the one with the aliases) and saved it; so I've managed to keep them from vanishing into the ether at this point.

I also attached the newly created package to my session packages-to-load, but they're still not doing anything-- and I really would like to figure out how to make them all be part of the same package instead of being split up like this.
Mixsel
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:40 pm   

Greetings,

I believe the way Cmud is setup,... to help people migrate over is that it assumes that Zmud is installed already with files to convert over.

So I would suggest installing Cmud on the same computer that has your Zmud stuff on it, then let Cmud import the settings over while it installs.(so make sure you know where your .mud files are beforehand)

then use the compatibility report to fix any remaining issues.

other people might have other suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: