Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:53 am   

Full list of dependencies (dll & activex objects and the like) for CMUD and zMUD

Reason:
I'm attempting to make both products work under WINE (Specifically Crossover Professional 10 or Crossover Games 10 customized WINE) in Windows XP emulation mode. For those who don't know what this is, and don't want to look at the links, it is a way to run Windoze programs on UNIX/Linux operating systems such as Mandriva Linux that I use, or Mac OSX.

Disclaimer:
I'm not asking you to support these installs Zugg, I'll figure problems out myself. I just need to know the complete 100% dependency list so I can make sure those modules get installed into Crossover.

Currently I've go zMUD installed in Crossover Pro 10. It allowed me to install just fine, it then started up the first time as it is supposed to and brought me to the trial notification screen. At this point I retrieved my zMUD license key and registered the product. This all worked flawlessly. However when it goes beyond that, it hangs at the splash screen saying:
Loading zMUD Modules... 0
Name: Main Module
never getting beyond this. At the moment I cannot provide debug log information. I plan on trying Crossover Games 10 later today & if total failure attempting the debugging to see if I can get more information.

Thanks in advance, and know that if I succeed in my endeavor I will post a full tutorial here for the use of others.

Dylan
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:24 pm   

This may help you: http://www.dependencywalker.com/
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:26 pm   

Yeah, even though I have both zMUD and CMUD running now, zMUD has some display issues so I'd still like to see what libraries it loads. Thanks for that.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 pm   

Sorry, I don't have a complete list of libraries. There are often hidden dependencies in Windows when a specific DLL library is loaded that causes other libraries to be loaded. zMUD depends upon a lot more Windows libraries than CMUD. I know people here have gotten CMUD to work on Crossover but you'll probably have trouble with zMUD since it is so old now and no longer actively supported or developed.
ralgith
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:08 pm   

Zugg wrote:
Sorry, I don't have a complete list of libraries. There are often hidden dependencies in Windows when a specific DLL library is loaded that causes other libraries to be loaded. zMUD depends upon a lot more Windows libraries than CMUD. I know people here have gotten CMUD to work on Crossover but you'll probably have trouble with zMUD since it is so old now and no longer actively supported or developed.

I've gotten zMUD working, but sometimes the display goes wonky.. like whenever you move the mouse over the menu bar. I'll use the dependency walker the previous guy suggested when I have time to play with it. Trying to get my CMUD settings going properly.
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:06 pm   

It's the same reason why some 3rd party apps like WindowBlinds don't work with zMUD. zMUD does some wonky stuff with it's window interface to support rollup/down, stayontop, etc. It doesn't use the standard Windows API for some of that which is one of the incompatibilities between zMUD and newer versions of Windows.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: