Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
smartturkeycj@gmail.com
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 4:09 am   

Whole package went missing?

I went to open and edit my package, but the entire package is missing. My aliases and everything though are working fine. I switch to the all tab of the package editor, and do a search, and it still doesn't show my aliases, triggers, or ANYTHING...any ideas?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:04 am   

i would export to xml, just in case
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:51 am   

That'd be great...but the XML isn't showing ANY of my classes and whatnot...it's showing two variables...
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:57 am   

sounds like it went corrupt on you.... you may be sol
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:01 am   

Okay, but that doesn't explain why all the triggers and reflexes are still running...
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:44 am   

package corruption... not sure why it isnt shown in the XML, but apparently all the settings are still there somehow
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:42 am   

Strange...I'd hate to have to remake the whole package...it's pretty complex.
smartturkeycj@gmail.com
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:45 am   

I tried even restarting CMUD a couple times, removing the package and readding...oddly enough it's STILL running.
Mixsel
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:52 pm   

--------Semi-Hijack-------
I have seen that happen to my packages, I haven't been able to notice any way to reproduce it, it just seems to happen like the memory is too full and it can't display correctly.

Sometimes I wait 5 minutes then open it again and it displays normal again, other times i have to restart,

and just to add; it seems to happen more often after using the View>Find, it gets confused and doesn't know what to display or lost it's way heh.
------End Semi-Hijack-------
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 3:01 pm   

Mixsel, that's EXACTLY what happened, I went to do a search for one of my functions, and that's how it fanished.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:32 pm   

I wonder if the search is getting stuck somehow. Can you try using View/Find to show the search toolbar and then click the Clear button to clear the search to see if that helps?

CMUD shouldn't ever delete your settings. It's an SQL database protected by transactions. So my guess is that your package is still there but that CMUD somehow isn't displaying it all.

If you can come up with a procedure to reproduce this problem, let me know. I just played around a bit with View/Find myself and couldn't get it to fail but it might depend upon exactly how you are opening the settings editor and if you have any other filters or anything in the database.
smartturkeycj@gmail.com
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:40 pm   

Hey Zugg, it randomly showed up in the default package created by CMUD. However, it didn't happen until I deleted the package I had made from CMUD. I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, but it was an interesting problem.
Mixsel
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:28 am   Package settings

Well I can say that it seems to happen if i've had Cmud running for awhile, or if i have the database/map open.
I would do a find for say a exp variable so i click find then type exp , then click the one i need to look at, then click clear.

at that point it would either go back to displaying triggers, class folders etc or it would just display the last view I had (Alias Triggers Vars etc.) and be stuck if i try to change the view.

sometimes it would just completely poof and only show the top tree with the packagename, I did notice if I just go back to mudding for a few minutes (package editor still open)
and then click trigger view or whatever, it would fix itself.

but then again if i close package editor for awhile and bring it back up it's still fubared, so i would usually wait it out or just restart the prog.

but i've never lost the settings :) otherwise i would been all over this forum with a onslaught of full CAPS posting hehe.

not sure if theres something to capture or dump when it happens again to help, so let me know if there is, it is buggy.

I swear i didn't mean to hijack.
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:31 am   

Ahah! Zugg! I managed to reproduce it! I went to the tab, and when I clicked the module so I could add a new class, it randomly moved the package to the default package (In this case, it went from my Enchantment package, to my Achaea Package made by CMUD), and despite my attempts to move it BACK, it fails to allow me to do so.

EDIT: I checked the XML, and it's still showing it's a part of the Enchantment package.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: