Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
alluran
Adept

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 12:09 pm   

Cardinal Directions Corrupt

I was running CMUD Pro 3.33, and created a new map.

After mapping 2000 or so rooms, I decided to try and generate some speedwalks from it. I tried double clicking rooms, but that wouldn't work. I tried %walk, and %pathfrom, with various combinations of vnum and/or roomkeys, but no matter what I did, the result was always [distanceToRoom]n. No other directions would ever show up.

I then upgraded to CMUD Pro 3.34. The issue persisted, so I went into the default packages and deleted all cardinal directions. I then re-created the 6 main directions in my local package. YAY! Now I could double click rooms and stuff would happen, however the results weren't quite right. I tried %walk and %pathfrom again, and this time it looked more promising, as I could see paths with all directions EXCEPT north.

I've tried deleting and re-adding north, but it's not working, and I'm not sure what to do now.

Has anyone else seen this?
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 3:44 pm   

If your englishdirections pkg is corrupt, delete it and download a fresh copy from the library.
Adept

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:58 pm   

I completely uninstalled CMUD and re-installed and everything appears to be working now.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 4:33 am   

Folder with packages remains intact in the process of uninstallation. You have to go to the directory My Games / CMUD / Packages (default) and delete the file.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: