Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cuprohastes
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:52 pm   

[3.34] Showstopper with Variables

I created a global for use with the multiple characters on a specific mud. That works fine, but I created a quick-menu item which contains the code:
Code:
#va info %selword

So I can select a user's name and hten perfrm all the look/+info/etc. commands using buttons that e.g. send:
Code:
look @info

Only now CMud locks up and has to be killed with the task manager on right click.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:09 pm   

Works fine for me here. Do you have an alias for "look" that might be interfering?

You will need to post the XML code for your menu item here so we can look at it. Also run the Script Debugger and turn on the "show all scripts" message to see what various scripts might be caused.

Here is what I tested here:
Code:
<menu priority="40" id="4">
  <caption>select</caption>
  <value>#var info %selword
look @info</value>
</menu>

I then right-click on a word (like "test") and click on the "select" option in the popup menu and it properly sent "look test" to the MUD.
cuprohastes
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:22 pm   

Can't do it. Now any right click event in CMud causes the program to lock up and fail to respond in any way.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:00 pm   

That sounds like a bug in your quick-menu code then. Can you post the code?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:31 pm   

Might be time to export your XML and then import it into another session. If just right clicking causes CMUD to hang, then it might be a problem with the caption of your menu item. Maybe you are calling a recursive function in your menu caption and CMUD is trying to resolve that into text to show in the popup menu or something. But as Rahab said, we can't do much without seeing your XML code.
cuprohastes
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun May 01, 2011 12:19 am   

I fixed it by deleting all the settings.
I found that after re-creating them, that writing a variable using a local right click menu item works, the buttons in the global package would only use the variable from the first session loaded, and not the variables form any other sessions, so it was never going to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: