Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
NekoChris

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:28 am   

Channel Separation Trigger

I play on a MOO that has a hilarious amount of chatter happening at any one time. I'd like to be able to filter this chatter out into movable frames so it does not appear in the primary status window. I assume this is going to be a trigger based on the prefix of the channel I want to filter out but I know precisely 0 about the coding required to make this happen. Can anyone here give me some guidelines? Even if I can see at least one basic filter of text to frame that works I can probably hash out the rest myself for the other channels.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 5:02 am   

Quote:

#trigger {} {
#capture
#gagspace
}

Given your post, this is the best I could come up with. It's heartening to know that there are still intrepid users with a go-getting attitude that don't need help from us. Mr. Green

In case you didn't get the joke, you forgot to include relevant info about the channel text. It's rather difficult to help you without it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:42 pm   

My bad, I was leaving it open thinking X would be fine to replace any interval but now that I think about it the chat channels are bracketted to things like [HELP] [tradenet] [chatnet] and such, these precede everything that I want to filter to its own frames.

Also how do I get this text to flip over to a frame? I found a command, something like MXP <frame action="open" name="whatever"> and after that I'm lost. I'm assuming I'd use %1 arguements to filter it over, but again, I'm clueless about the hows beyond the basics.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:37 pm   

Frames are MXP's name for windows. #CAPTURE does what you want.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:09 am   

This should work:

#TRIGGER {~[HELP~] *} {
#CAPTURE Help
#GAG
}
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: