Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chiu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 7:48 am   

About

I wanna display a BMP file in my status windows, however,how to use the tag "image"?

TNX!
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 12:38 pm   

The MXP <image> is not implemented in zMUD and it doesn't seem like it will in the near future (or distant future for that matter). Implementing it requires a rewrite of the output functions of zMUD which is very low-level code that Zugg is not going to mess with. Also, it was agreed by most people that there really isn't any urgent need for the <image> tag.

Kjata
chiu

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2002 4:48 pm   

Anyway,TNX for ur reply. =)
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 10:18 pm   

quote:

Also, it was agreed by most people that there really isn't any urgent need for the image tag.

Kjata

Not much need!How cool would it be to sub your muds ascii art opening with the real deal?Or make custom scrolls so that you could sub for the weapon shop lists? It would bring a totally new dimension to mudding, and it hurts to see this just be tossed aside. I would love to make script to sub :P with , and all sorts of others. I could practically rewrite my mud thru my client :). Please reconsider Zugg...pleeeaase
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 3:04 am   

Well, this was thought more from the server's point of view. It was decided that there wasn't much need for a MUD to send images, but what the user could do script-side was not discussed.

You make some valid points, but remember that including the <IMAGE> tag is not as simple as reconsidering it. Zugg still has to do a major rewrite what is practically zMUD's core, the screen output routines. This is very old, very complex code which could break a lot of other stuff inside zMUD.

Kjata
dacheeba
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2002 2:32 pm   

Heh, guess I just got excited at the thought of this, heh.I just got started playing around with MXP sub trigger...making all the www.%1 into hyperlinks.And then I remebered reading this a last weeks, and thought I'd say something.

Then again...Id be willing to shell out some dough for a plugin, or something that would do this, esp, if it oculd do multilink bmp. files :)
dacheeba
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: