Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
blackgoetia

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:55 pm   

Having trouble making triggers

I am having so much trouble and I expect it would be a really easy trigger to make
I am trying to send my skills to a window, and possibly gag it if I can figure that part out.

The pattern looks like

Language skills
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
sirihish (master) mirukkim (master)
rinthi accent

Craft skills
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
cooking (apprentice) analyze (novice)

So I was trying to trigger off of *analyze* with the command #cap 51 skills

Sorry if I'm a complete newb need some help here. It doesn't seem to be even triggering off analyze
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:18 pm   

Look up the #CAPTURE and #GAG commands.
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:37 am   

Hm. My earlier post seems to not have worked.

The method you are using is not the best solution. First, I happen to know that analyze is not always going to be the last line of your crafts. Second, by trying to capture 51 lines, you are capturing a lot more than you need to.

I recognize what mud this comes from. This is the output of a command sent to the mud: 'skills'. A much better solution would be to make an alias for 'skills'. The first line of the alias should be '#T+ skillcapture', the second line should be '#SEND skills'. Then you create a class named skillcapture. Set this class to Disable Class When Connecting'. Then disable the class manually. Within this class, create a trigger whose pattern matches your prompt. The command executed by this trigger should be '#T- skillcapture'. Then create a second trigger with the class, whose pattern is "(*)". The first line of this trigger should be '#CAPTURE skills', and the second line '#GAG'.

What this does is: you type 'skills'. The alias automatically enables the class (and the triggers within it) before sending the actual command to the mud. After that, the second trigger will capture every line, send it to the skills window, and gag the line. When you get the prompt, the first trigger will disable the class, before the second trigger tries to capture it (it should have a lower priority if you make it first).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: