Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:32 pm   

CMud Mapper help

CMud Pro 3.31
Windows 7 64bit

Is there a way to auto-complete rooms in the mapper? I find a lot of the time when I map say an 8x8 square (or whatever size) that when I'm trying to connect all the rooms manually, I'll have to delete 10-20 rooms because the mapper tries to create additional rooms where there's already a room. If there were a way for the mapper to simply connect 2 stubs, that would be so much nicer.. I've searched the forums and tried looking at the help files in CMud, but I couldn't find a way to do it.

Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks.
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:56 pm   

In the mapper window, if you go to config/configuration settings. Then click on the interface tab, and select the all direction radio button, and I uncheck the only auto connect using keypad, and I do check only auto connect stub exits. See if that does what you are looking for.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:22 pm   

In addition, if it is trying to create a new room on top of an already-created room, it may mean that your mapper configuration is not properly recognizing the room. You may need to adjust your configuration, perhaps even use #TAG. Do you have problems with the mapper not recognizing you have moved through a known exit to a known room?
Loftaris
Adept

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:25 pm   

I'm unsure how to use #TAG, I'll have to look it up. I made those changes you mentioned with the all directions, etc. but haven't tested them yet.

I sometimes get the problem where I move through a known exit, but it just turns out I have duplicate exits in the room properties, and just have to remove one of them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: