Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:14 pm   

Mapper creates rooms without #TAGs

So I have in my mapper configuration, Room Name, Room Desc, and Room Exits unchecked. If I move into an invalid direction such that none of my #TAG trigs are hit per the script debugger, a new room is still created. I would think at least a name and prompt tag would be needed before a room would be created?

Thanks!

Robert
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:27 pm   

It depends on your configuration. In this case, since you are depending on #TAGs, no. The solution is to create triggers for all the warnings of failed movement, which execute #NODIR.
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:30 pm   

So, I did the mapper auto configure as per the TAG help, and it fixed it. I thought that I didn't need to do the mapper auto configure, but just change some option, but it seems I was incorrect. Tested going an invalid way, and then going a valid way, and it mapped it perfectly. Go Go auto configure. :)
robert
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:57 am   

It pretty much works now as long as I walk 1 room at a time, however it will not create the room if no cardinal directions are tagged, ie no n,s,w,e,sw,u,d,etc. I understand that it doesn't if you leave by a non-cardinal direction without a mapdir >, but I think it should otherwise? Is there a workaround for this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: