Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:54 pm   

Temporarily disable default command to unlock locked doors

In the mapper, under configurations there is a box that says "Command send to unlock and open locked doors" Right now, mine says
Code:
#FORALL pick|pick|open {%i %1}

However I've got some locked doors within the mud that don't utilize this scheme always. For example, I've got some doors that I use a "pass wall" spell to go through, meaning I send the mud "Cast 'pass wall'" then "n". This might get me through a door if I don't have the key. However when I come to these doors, using this example, when I type the "n" it then also sends the results of the default command I first listed also. Not terrible, but instead of just using the two commands, I now have 5 commands sent to the mud. Is there a way to override the default? so I can tell the mapper to only "cast 'pass wall'" and "n" without the defaults coming after it?
Moo
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:04 pm   

Don't set a door for this direction. Set the "name" of the direction to "cast 'pass wall';n".
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:26 pm   

there is yes, use your cast and
#SENDRAW n
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:53 am   

I think I didn't post quite clearly enough. I'd like to use the name field for a given room exit to house this info, meaning I'd like to set the door name to something like
Code:
cast 'pass wall';n
that would override the default door condition. I could uncheck the door box, and go that route, but I'd kinda like to keep the doors in place.
charneus
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:21 am   

Create an alias called "opendoor" or something to that effect.

Within that alias, do something like:

Code:
#IF (%2="pass") {cast 'passwall';#SEND %1} {#FORALL "pick|pick|open" {#SEND %i %1}}

In the section where you have the #FORALL now, change it to: "opendoor %1 %2". Then, any doors you can pass through, name them "pass" (or whatever you wish, just make sure you make the #IF match).

Also, it needs to be stressed that you MUST use a command like #SEND to start a line, not a function.
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:44 pm   

I like that last idea, however, I'd like to check %2 to see if it is empty. If it is empty, use the defaults, if it is not empty then use whatever is in %2. seems theres a function to find if a variable is empty or not, but I can't seem to find it. In Excel it would be the ISBLANK function.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:13 pm   

%null() or (@varname = "")
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:36 am   

cant you just have it call an alias for you?
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:17 am   

yes, calling an alias would be grand. seems that route has promise.

using
Code:
opendoor %1 %2
with opendoor having a script of
Code:
#IF (%null(%2)) {#FORALL "pick|pick|open" {#SEND %i %1}} {%2}
is getting me close but it's still not right.
For my test link, I have the Name: field blank, the Label: field blank and
Code:
"unlock d;open d
in the Door: field.
The outcome I would like is:
Unlock d
Open d
d
but right now I get

open d
unlock d
open d
d

I feel like I'm not far away from the solution using an alias, I just don't seem to have the variables laid out quite right.
Also, seems to me there should be better definition somewhere of what the Name:Label:and Door: fields do with regard to a link.
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:50 am   

So I've got some mild success.
leaving the Name: and Label: fields empty but putting
Code:
"unlock d|open d"
in the Door: field, using the opendoor %1 %2 as the command for locked doors and
Code:
#IF (%null(%2)) {#FORALL "pick|pick|open" {#SEND %i %1}} {#say Ill send %2;#forall %2 {#send %i}}
for the opendoor alias I get what I want, for one door. I try another door with the exact same setup but different commands in the Door: field, and it doesn't work. I think somehow in my testing the first door I managed to turn %2 into a string list which is kinda what I wanted to do, but it doesn't seem to work on all doors. somehow I managed to change it to a stringlist while messing around.[/quote]
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:57 pm   

Name = some random command that lets you move into a particular room, or otherwise do a particular action required to continue advancing. For example, CLIMB TREE, OPEN GRATE, SAY I FEEL THE DISCO INFERNO!. In ZMud, if you used it before, it equates to the OTHER COM field.

Label = the text you want to see for the exit link IF that link goes to a different zone (if it's to another room in the same zone, filling this in doesn't show anything different). The field is named the same in ZMud.

Door = the name of the door you want to open/unlock when the mapper encounters a door. When filled in, it will attempt the appropriate action on the name instead of the direction. The field is named the same in ZMud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: