Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:02 pm   

Part of the script got magically deleted

An event to be exact..Was using it fine before i logged off and shut the pc down, wake up in the morning and find a part of my script (which was broken down into smaller events) not working only to find out that an event responsible for that script is missing completely. Checked my back-up file and the same event is missing from it too ??
Loaded up an xml and its there..
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:09 pm   

And how do i stop my CMUD from loading two packages ? I stupidly opened my backup .pkg in my main .pkg and now it keeps loading two every time, when i try to delete it it throws off an access violation error and crashes cmud..
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:43 pm   

There is something terribly wrong when it comes to loading packages and then trying to separate them again..
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:56 pm   

Ok so what other triggers can my cmud delete without me knowing about it ? It's a good thing i had a check for every step of that trigger as its pretty complex so i easily identified the problem. If there were no exact step checks i could've been messing with it for hours before finding the problem. This is unacceptable stuff Evil or Very Mad
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:15 pm   

If an event is listed in the XML and not showing in in the Package Editor, your package has been corrupted. You can try to export the code and import it again to see if you can recover it.

Last edited by Rahab on Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:17 pm   

As for loading packages, you should be able to simply unload it from within the Package Editor. If you are having troubles with that, give us the exact procedure you are trying and what happens.
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:29 pm   

Good thing is that i do constant back-ups to different locations, however there is no way to know when some trigger or an alias or an event gets deleted unless i use it constantly and if i dont see that its missing its possible for me to replace my old back up copy with a new backup copy that has a trigger missing and then i've lost it forever, which is a real bummer.
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:31 pm   

The way i try to remove a second .pkg file is by right clicking it in the package editor and selecting remove package.
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:39 pm   

If i had a trigger deleted like that is it likely that it will happen again ? should i do a fresh install and import from an xml ?
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 pm   

Yes, if your package is corrupted and you have not fixed it with clean XML, it will happen again.
[edit] Rather, it _probably_ will happen again, and not necessarily to the same trigger. I have managed (mostly by luck) to fix a package once by deleting and rewriting large sections of a package, which fortuitously removed the damaged section.

When you select remove package, it gives an access violation? Hm. Not sure off the top of my head about that, but my brain is pretty fuzzy today.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:01 pm   

The easiest to remove a package is to Rt-Click on the session icon and go to Edit Session (Alternatively you can do Alt-T). Click on the Package Files tab. Select the package you want to remove and click the '-' (minus) button.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:12 pm   

Im pretty sure there is something wrong with how layouts work, i never seem to be able to get them to work exactly right, tabbing them onto each other manually just doesnt want to get saved and if i tab them through options then they never get tabbed properly. Then there is always some windows which turn invisible by themselves even though i didnt check them to be invisible etc, its messed up..at least for me..
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:18 pm   

You might have a corrupted layout file as well. You can safely delete the .xly file. A new one will be created when you open the session. It will have the default layout. You should then be able to layout your windows and save the layout.
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:43 pm   

Ok, deleted the folder, created a new connection, closed cmud, put the XML file inside the new folder which was created by cmud. Connected to the new session using default settings, went to file and disconnect. Imported old XML file, set my connection to the old main window, deleted the new default window. Set the layout like i wanted, closed everything and opened again and it seems fine, lets see how long it will hold up this time..as i've done this same procedure about 3 weeks ago..
Anrok
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:45 pm   

My new .pkg is 120kb lighter as a result too..
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: