Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 5:40 am   

#waitsignal timeout help

so in one alias I have

Code:
#waitsignal heftidentified 1500 {foodpackcurrentweight=@itemheft;#say The foodpackcurrentweight of this item is @foodpackcurrentweight} {#say The heft check trigger didn't fire within the alloted time}

According to the help file the syntax is
Code:
#WAITSIG signal timeout {match-commands} {timeout-commands}

So I've got #signal heftidentified in a trigger that is turned on by #t+ earlier in the alias above. I should be able to run my alias, wait 1500miliseconds for #signal heftidentifed to be set in the armed triggers, if within that 1500 ms it should execute
Code:
foodpackcurrentweight=@itemheft;#say The foodpackcurrentweight of this item is @foodpackcurrentweight
and if it doesn't see #signal set to heftidentified by the end of 1500 miliseconds, it should #say the heft check trigger didn't fire within the alloted time. this isn't occuring. any idea why? do I have my syntax wrong for the 1500ms wait time?
jed
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:07 am   

So I figured out my problem. Turns out, after you set the signal you have to reset the signal for use next time. sooo in my triggers, where I had the #signal heftidentified line, i added another line below it, #signal heftidentified 0 which reset the signal.
Might not be bad to add this to the help file.
Moo
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:55 pm   

I think you should also be able to make your script using a multistate trigger, rather than using signals.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:20 am   

I don't think you have to "reset" the signal. I of just tried your code from the command line of a blank session, ran it several times and it worked each time. I think something else is going on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: