Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
oldguy2 Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:10 am
Cmud Goes Crazy...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:51 pm   

Quote:
It worked just fine for months.

OK, if it was working fine and then asked you to accept the license terms, that means the registry key used to determine where CMUD is installed has changed, or your CMUD.INI file was removed (which is where global preferences are stored). CMUD stores an entry in the CMUD.INI file to determine if the License Agreement screen has been displayed, so if you delete this file, or if CMUD looks for this file in a different location, then you'll get prompted again.

You can always try reinstalling CMUD just to reset the location of your User Session data files (make sure to select the %DOCUMENTS% option). Then run CMUD and agree to the license agreement and then exit. Then go to the My Documents\My Games\CMUD directory and check to see if the CMUD.INI file was properly modified (check the modified date).
Badmonster
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:52 am   

I just reset my preferences. It took about a half hour and then life went on. I just thought that it was worth noting that two people had their cmud client sort of wig out in similar ways without any provocation from the user. I wanted to report it in case it was significant.
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:53 am   

It's good to report...you never know when it might be significant. But as we all know, and as was the case with OldGuy2, sometimes Windows just does weird stuff. (Actually not just Windows really). For example, the time that all of the computers in the house decided to turn off network sharing at the same time. At the time I thought it was Trillian because I had just installed it, but I could never reproduce it. Just weird.

Or, how about this past weekend: I was playing WoW (yes, I know, don't kill me). I went upstairs for an hour to have dinner. When I came back downstairs, my keyboard no longer was working. OK, I figured the battery was dead (it's a wireless keyboard). Replaced the battery and it still didn't work. Turned out to be the cable connecting the wireless receiver to the back of the computer. The keyboard cable just decided to die. I replaced the cable and then noticed the sound wasn't playing anymore. After another 30 minutes I found that the optical SPDIF cable between the computer sound card and my amplifier was broken. How did *TWO* cables both fail within the same hour period? Just doesn't make sense. But it happened.

Anyway, didn't mean to sidetrack things. Just saying that sometimes s**t happens. Especially with computers. I'm glad that OldGuy2 was actually able to track down the problem on his end. But his anti-virus issue doesn't explain Badmonster's problem, so who knows on that one.
Badmonster
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:56 am   

Zugg wrote:
I was playing WoW (yes, I know, don't kill me).

It's OK. You're really allowed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: